Elena Miro S/S 07 Milano

bluedolphin said:
omg this models are fat! but sexy

These clothes should be shown on the runway with plus-size fashion models, they are after all designed and sized for plus-size women. In my humble opion, there are certainly as many sexy larger women as there are sexy slim ones. Sexy and beautiful is more about attitude and caring about oneself then just being slim.:heart:

LaurieAnn said:
In my humble opion, there are certainly as many sexy larger women as there are sexy slim ones. Sexy and beautiful is more about attitude and caring about oneself then just being slim.:heart:

to me, being sexy means having a defined waist.

If your big on top and on bottom, it doesn't matter as long as your little in the middle- like that song "baby got back":lol:

cutencrazyk said:
I love everything about this collection. In reply to the poster WhiteLinen the interesting thing about the clothes is the fact that they're cut for a woman with curves who's not rail thin and they still look amazing even though "the powers that be" say that it's not possible. This is a classic line, people would buy these items as their wardrobe staples so they don't tend to go too crazy experimenting.

Good point. I'd rather have a classic line (see my username) of staples that I can mix in with other things. There's room for more than Marina Rinaldi, Elekta by Maska, Tombolini Ideale, etc.

LaurieAnn said:
These clothes should be shown on the runway with plus-size fashion models, they are after all designed and sized for plus-size women. In my humble opion, there are certainly as many sexy larger women as there are sexy slim ones. Sexy and beautiful is more about attitude and caring about oneself then just being slim.:heart:

Err Laurie Ann - the models in this show are considered plus size (most of them are from Ford and Wilhelmina NYC)...they range from a size 10-12-14. Mind you, they are all over 5'9" and have good proportion. Many of them are actually skinny models who put on weight, which is why the cheekbones are still razor sharp on many of them.

I heard that the boutique would be NYC and will prob be a concession in a store like Saks. Who knows? Retail sucks right now, I'll believe it when I see it. Again, the styling makes the clothes. Prepare for a big dose of anticipointment.

3RingCircus said:
Err Laurie Ann - the models in this show are considered plus size (most of them are from Ford and Wilhelmina NYC)...they range from a size 10-12-14. Mind you, they are all over 5'9" and have good proportion. Many of them are actually skinny models who put on weight, which is why the cheekbones are still razor sharp on many of them.

I heard that the boutique would be NYC and will prob be a concession in a store like Saks. Who knows? Retail sucks right now, I'll believe it when I see it. Again, the styling makes the clothes. Prepare for a big dose of anticipointment.

Yes, I got that these models are considered plus size. I was responding to bluedolphin's comments and pointing out that it is appropriate to have the clothes shown on larger size women because they are designed for us. As for anticipointment, I'm used to it, there being so little to choose from for us larger women.

Peace:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiyahG
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->