Elena Velez S/S 2025 New York

LOL Again with the dragging out the rugrats. Thankfully these people only have 2 at the most… Sheesh.

I do lowkey cheer for Elena— at least for her perseverance to the point of obsession, at finally making it to NYFW. Unfortunately the offering is so stale, even reductive, instantly forgettable: It’s this tiresome, utterly overwrought ragtag ripoff of early-90s Vivienne Westwood, Rifat Ozbek and Martine Sitbon aesthetic of couturey activewear, all sloppily disguised and weakly held together with Pharrell’s S/S Vuitton Western flavour— all resulting in this awfully dated visual. She’s always worn her “influences” on her sleeves, but when finally given the chance to create and present a whole showing, it’s all very juvenile, very graduation show, unfortunately. And it doesn’t look like she’ll ever shed that sensibility.

Thank you as always @vogue28 for posting the stills, and sparing some of us from having to suffer the video.

^^^No one adores her LOL

…Rooting for her… Perhaps. She’s that scrappy hardworker who hustles her a55 off— with all the blood/sweat/tears-- and drama. Unfortunately, she consistently ends up with offerings that are the budget at best— but usually sloppy Frankenstein’s Monster of all her fashion heroes… The day she escapes from eternal fashion student graduation limbo to experienced designer with a POV, she might be on to something. But she’ll always be corny, @susseinmcswanny — whose profile pic frightens and amuses me eveytime I see it.

yeah the Westwood influence is crystal clear, and maybe it's that punkish DYI that appeals, somewhat, to some of us, though I agree generally with the comments about quality, execution, and coherence (or lack thereof)

It's the first time we've seen daywear separates and accessories from her but the construction is ghastly and the cut-to-sew knitwear pieces look like stuff you can already find from other designers. Also who is wearing knee-high shearling platform boots in the sweltering humidity that is NYC summer?? Maybe making it in fashion wouldn't be this hard if you had desirable, well-made product and an actual business strategy sis

Another show?? Wow! I am scared to think about the total amount of her debt right now...well, at least he hasn´t sold her children (yet)...

She has a POV a designer: the sweaty look! Everyone looks sweaty in her collections!!
Seriously, I have anxiety for her, knowing how much financial stress she must be under. (I'll never forget that NYT profile.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->