Elie Saab Pre-Fall 2015

marcBarna

Reaction score
By Mayte Allende
According to his notes, Elie Saab’s mission for pre-fall was to “infuse finery into folk fantasy with the modern nomad in mind.” He began the show with black lace gowns embroidered in a red and purple floral pattern — to striking effect. On a short version, horsehair gave the fit-and-flare silhouette an extra boost. The floral reappeared, more abstractly, on a printed silk blouse worn with a long, full embroidered lace skirt.

Outerwear made an equally grand statement via fur jackets cut out to resemble lace and a black maxi coat featuring a delicate floral embroidery around the bodice.

wwd.com

WOW! This is so good!
There is a bit of his old work in it but in a modern way. Princesses and rich socialites are gonna fall for this!

Not bad, i mean VERY good! Nothing new but they're incredibly stunning. However i'm not sure about the last trousers. Is that really look like that in real life or is it overphotoshopped?

Stunning, especially part 2 & 3. :o

However, the bags are really ugly...

I love this darker Elie Saab. Deliciously good.

I love his work though, I'm all for glamour in fashion.

I was expecting the same ole same old from the house, but this was totally surprising, in a good way. There are some pieces that stray back into the old formula, but that's not a bad thing either, as Elie Saab is consistently beautiful even if tired. I like that they took the water color effect from prior season and turned it dark. Agree about those bags though. Yikes.

all those fur pieces makes me miss my coat which is currently being remodeled at the furier lol

it's nice, and definitely a very welcomed, slightly different look for Saab, but doesn't it skew Valentino a bit too much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->