Elisa Nalin — Stylist/Fashion Editor/Style Consultant
elisanalin.bmp
elisanalin6.bmp
elisanalin8.bmp

elisanalin1.bmp

elisanalin14.bmp
elisanalin13.bmp

Styling looks with Gucci Spring 2010 & Alexander McQueen Spring 2010
Elisa Nalin was born in Verona, Italy. After graduating in Fashion Design at Milan’s Istituto Europeo del Design, she spend two years working at Costume National, before joining Sansonite, where she became Head Designer, designing the shoe collections for both men and women.

She decided to move to Paris, and started working for an year as an assistent, then as a freelance stylist for Dazed & Confused, Intersection and i-D.

Her highly personal approch to style quickly made her a distinguished figure of the Parisian fashion world. She currently works as a Paris Fashion Editor for Crash magazine, and contributes to the italian and french editions of Glamour, to i-D, Lula, Purple and Harper’s Bazaar Japan.

Elisa acts as a design consultant for brands including Devastee, Requiem, Frankye Xie, Tzien.
Source:Artlist - Paris

alisanb-framed.jpg

elisa-nalin-rose.jpg

Source: Garance Dore

What do you think of mixing and matching pink and orange?

10_18_08_Elisa_Nalin18199.jpg

10_18_08_Elisa_Nalin18200.jpg

10_18_08_Elisa_Nalin18201.jpg

10_18_08_Elisa_Nalin18206.jpg

10_18_08_Elisa_Nalin18207.jpg

Kitschy home...
Source: The Selby

Last edited by a moderator:
10_18_08_Elisa_Nalin18224.jpg

10_18_08_Elisa_Nalin18225.jpg

10_18_08_Elisa_Nalin18227.jpg

Accessoires, accessoires, accessoires!

10_18_08_Elisa_Nalin18220.jpg
10_18_08_Elisa_Nalin18214.jpg

10_18_08_Elisa_Nalin18213.jpg
10_18_08_Elisa_Nalin18229.jpg

10_18_08_Elisa_Nalin18215.jpg

10_18_08_Elisa_Nalin18217.jpg

More toy figurines

Sportmax Code Interview with Elisa Nalin

Elisa Nalin was born in Verona - North of Italy - and lives in Paris from 8 years now: she's a freelance stylist and fashion editor for Crash Magazine, for which she's working on the 50th issue, celebrating magazine's 10 years anniversary. She also collaborates with other publications such as Vogue Japan, Glamour, Qvest, Lula, Dossier, Bazaar and many others. She has a colourful and cosy house, full of toys, silly objects and a lots of shoes: it's the perfect spot for a (always) smiling pixie as Elisa is!

Was it always your dream to pursue a career as a stylist? Why?

Not really! I kind of always knew I wanted to work in fashion, but first I wanted to work as a designer, and so I did that first at Costume National, then as a creative director at Samsonite in the shoes department. I have started to get interest in styling following the advices of some friends and I decide to do that after my first fashion week in London and Paris where everybody asked me if I was a stylist because of my pretty extravagant look of those times...

Could you please explain in a few lines your work and your approach to a new commission?

I'm very passionate to my job! As soon as a new project comes in, I'm fully into it. I get involved in all the aspects that styling includes: casting, location, hair, make up, storyboard, inspiration... There are different sides in my job: the editorial part, the commercial part and the consulting-shows part! Each one requires different skills!

What do you think are your greatest professional achievements?

I think my greatest professional achievement is the credibility, the trust, the respect I have gained in those years from the people who are working in the business. I'm very proud of my pretty good reputation as a professional and as a human being, although this is a men's world...

You've been born and raised in Verona, then you moved to Milan and now you are based in Paris: do you think it's better to work from a big city to do your type of work? Why?

Well, I'd have to say I'd love to live close to the sea, something like Sardinia or Sicily, but for a stylist it's really impossible. I need to be in a big city related to the fashion business so the choice is not that big: Milan, Paris, London or NY. This is more for practical reasons than inspirational ones. Working as an editor of a magazine means that I have to be there to check that everything is under control, I have to be there to do meetings with all the press offices, photographers etc... Plus I have to work at least a week before the show with the designers for doing the casting, the looks, the fittings etc...

What do you like and dislike about your hometown Verona?

I love the city, its sooooo beautiful there, the architecture, the river, and the hills all around, my house... But unfortunately I can't stand the people and their very restricted and CLOSED MENTALITY.

Besides fashion, is there any other field you feel attracted to? A medium you like to use to express yourself?

I wouldn't mind starting writing honestly...I'm pretty tented! I'd love to take pictures too, but I leave that to the real ones.

Where do you get your inspiration from?

I don't have a particular source of inspiration really, I get inspired from pretty much everything especially from the little things, nature, the colour of a flower, a sunset, and a drawing on a street...I'm very emotional. Obviously I love cinema too and so I spend a time (when I have it) watching old movies, checking cinema's books etc... Photography it's also a big source of inspiration...and people too!

What do you like doing when you're not working?

Travelling! Taking pictures, watching movies, seeing beautiful things, looking for vide-greniers the little flea markets organized by the people who live in that neighbourhood only during the weekend and spending times with my friends all over the world, cooking for them!

Who are your favourite female photographers?

Sarah Moon, Deborah Turbeville, Stefania Paparelli, Yelena Yemchuk.

What are your favourite places in Paris?

Hotel Du Nord, the Chacha Club, Canal St Martin, Parc De Belleville and all the week-end vide-greniers all around the town.

Who is the woman you'd like to see featured/ interviewed here?

Stefania Paparelli one of my favourite photographers and a great friend!
Source: Sportmax Code

I was just looking her up here yesterday since I finally identified the short haired lady I had noticed on street style blogs and also because she had styled a couple of favorite editorials of mine. Funny that someone happens to start one right after. And I love the pink and orange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->