It looks like a grocery ad
That is bad copy Marc Jacobs ad:
03-juergen-vb.jpg

vogue.com

Somebody ordered a salad? :D

Elle France Digital Edition

Last edited:

Elle France Digital Edition

Okay, he lost his mom (her maiden name was Jacquemus, as you probably already knew) and he adores his granny - which is REALLY touchy & sweet! :heart: - but I'm still not sure how this childish scrapbook fits into a fashion magazine...

(And no, I haven't forgot 2020 and all those fashion magazines' Zoom/Polarorid/drawing atrocities, but I thought that at dawn of 2022 we are long past that time!)

This reminds me to that “Give thanks” by Bruce Weber special for Vogue Spain december 2011 issue

It is amateurish, uncalled-for, and not as interesting as everybody involved seems to think. It is too much, too unprocessed, too too. It is also uncharacteristic of Jacquemus: my perception of the brand may include keywords such as grandma, childlike passion for color and whim, and cute, but this is overkill. Simon (and Marco) should have turned this issue into an ode to love, memories, style, as Jacquemus does. Unfortunately, they fall short, starting with the cover, unrecognizable Elle France. But it's Simon. You can't stay mad at this guy. Look at him. He is literal sunshine.

Once again, French Elle serving up what I used to once enjoy about Vogue Paris and filling to void for the guest-edited issues during the holiday season. The cover is so bold, impactful and so quintessentially Elle that I cannot help but to instantly be a fan!

I can't stop looking at how poorly made that jacket on granny is.

Would you expect anything less from him??? High fashion now is all about connecting to the lowest of common denominators. … and no better person than him to represent that standard. So good for him for suckering an entire industry— and the French to boot, for ripping off 90s generic American mall-fashion and JC Penney, and reselling it so successfully to an entire generation of dimwits. (And good for him for hustling himself as the industry’s thirst-trap to an entire generation of gayz with apparently such low standards.) …Whatever, I mean— yaaaaasssss qwueen-- and all that.

French ELLE is absolutely abysmal. Catalogues possess better content than this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->