US Elle ‘Digital Edition’ December 2020 : Mariah Carey by Ruven Afanador

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
*PLEASE NOTE* This feature is part of US Elle's December/January issue. All the contents for this issue can be viewed, here.

Last edited:
It's where she belongs! Probably trying very hard to plug that little ghost-written book of hers. It won't make the NYT Best-selling list, sorry.

Somehow I feel like I've seen this shot before, not very original. and the necklace is much too gaudy.
Also, 'Mariah saves the Holiday', wasn't that already hijacked by Taylor and Arianna?

EDIT: I see it did make the NYT Best-selling list, but next to books from Bill O'Reilly, Candace Owens, Ted Cruz, and Michael Cohen. So not exactly a Sophie's Choice.

Last edited:
Why they release digital issues? It’s so boring...

It's where she belongs! Probably trying very hard to plug that little ghost-written book of hers. It won't make the NYT Best-selling list, sorry.

I am not even a Mariah fan, but why so mean and harsh? A lot of people seem to enjoy the book and it got good reviews across the board, so there is no need to be this shady at all.

I still don't really understand these 'digital' covers, would have made more sense, given her status, to give her the usual cover. Especially during the holiday season.

I don't mind this especially for.december though I.agree that the digital aspect.doesnt make.sense.

Whatever mod deleted my comment for “weight discussion” clearly doesn’t know that Mariah is widely known as THE skinniest legend.

Whatever mod deleted my comment for “weight discussion” clearly doesn’t know that Mariah is widely known as THE skinniest legend.

Oh, your comment cracked me up! Shame it was deleted :rofl: It was so true.

Reactions: KoV
Nina really said "high fashion standard? I don't know her"

A star of her stature deserved a print run. Digital covers are completely pointless, imo.
Her hair look great tho.

Also, 'Mariah saves the Holiday', wasn't that already hijacked by Taylor and Arianna?

Lol in the words of Wendy Williams: “have several seats” :winkiss:

She’s still the Queen of Christmas and deserved to be on a real, printed cover. And talk about ghost-writing, at least it’s only her book which is a very common thing to do. Unlike a certain person whose name she doesn’t know who did have a history of ghost-writing AND ghost-singing.

Gosh, I came off like a stan and I don’t even like her that much. I do think she needs to pivot to comedy and release a Netflix comedy special someday. Because her reads and shades are legendary.

She’s still the Queen of Christmas and deserved to be on a real, printed cover.

Whatever currency or influence her fans think she has clearly cannot even secure her the main cover, which btw went to Zendaya.
When was the last time you've seen her on a major cover? V by Testino? And Testino has been cancelled for how many years now. One random Vogue Spain cover in 2000, that's it. LOL. When was her last fashion moment? 1997? All these things feed into who gets the main cover.

That's why 2019 GQ Woman of the Year, Jennifer Lopez is sitting pretty with her Versace mainline campaigns. It doesn't matter that the R&B version of Celine Dion don't know her. The fashion print industry and her 133million strong following does, as evidenced by the fact that she appeared on at least one and often multiple magazine covers each year since 2010. :smile:

Mariah can have the 'digital' covers shot with an iPhone.

Last edited:
Whatever currency or influence her fans think she has clearly cannot even secure her the main cover, which btw went to Zendaya.
When was the last time you've seen her on a major cover? V by Testino? And Testino has been cancelled for how many years now. One random Vogue Spain cover in 2000, that's it. LOL. When was her last fashion moment? 1997? All these things feed into who gets the main cover.

That's why 2019 GQ Woman of the Year, Jennifer Lopez is sitting pretty with her Versace mainline campaigns. It doesn't matter that the R&B version of Celine Dion don't know her. The fashion print industry and her 133million strong following does, as evidenced by the fact that she appeared on at least one and often multiple magazine covers each year since 2010. :smile:

Mariah can have the 'digital' covers shot with an iPhone.

Fan or not we can all agree that Mariah is a legend I think she's beyond competing with her peers or anyone below for followers and chart positions. Am not her biggest fan but even I admit that she belongs in the same category as the divas Jennifer Lopez or Zendaya can only consider her a role model.

Mariah Carey Holds 5 Music Industry Records No Modern Artist Can Touch

Fan or not we can all agree that Mariah is a legend I think she's beyond competing with her peers or anyone below for followers and chart positions. Am not her biggest fan but even I admit that she belongs in the same category as the divas Jennifer Lopez or Zendaya can only consider her a role model.

Mariah Carey Holds 5 Music Industry Records No Modern Artist Can Touch

You did not just quote a CheatSheet article to strengthen your case, did you UrbanStylin? :P

I do agree she's a legend. Just not one that's on everyone's radar, I guess.

I am glad this cover is only digital, she is just not for fashion, i will choose jlo or zendaya over her for fashion magazines cover anyday

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->