Elle France October 23, 2020 : Marion Cotillard by Louie Banks

I want to like it because it's such an unconventional cover and pose, but the E.T. arm looks out of place. Also, a simpler set design would've been better.

Réalisation: Carine Roitfeld?
She is back at styling for ELLE!?
I kinda like it.

Me too! Despite the unconventional pose for a cover image, the twisted legs and the set design - I don't find myself hating on this whatsoever. It was, of course, a delight to see Carine Roitfeld back styling at French Elle and now I cannot wait for Marion's cover story.

I hope it's a long term collab with French Elle because there's no real competitor in France for VP. Except M Le Monde.
Me too! Despite the unconventional pose for a cover image, the twisted legs and the set design - I don't find myself hating on this whatsoever. It was, of course, a delight to see Carine Roitfeld back styling at French Elle and now I cannot wait for Marion's cover story.

I think she styled a cover with her daughter on it.
She could be interesting if she becomes a regular at ELLE. What lacks in her work as @GivenchyAddict said is the « Parisian touch ». If she can reconnect to that via ELLE, it would be great.

That being said, I wonder if she did not styled the N5 campaign and if this isn’t just « part of the deal ».

Chanel looks so basic since the passing of Lagerfeld. It reminds me of when he did that colab with H&M. It's Chanel Lite.

I don't have high hope on CR working at Elle. There is Marion ambassador at Chanel and Carine who consults and takes her paycheck regularly at Chanel. They needed a good stylist to be sure Marion is well represented in Chanel, that's all.

But let's be positive, CR at Elle? With Brune de Margerie as Fashion director. This same woman who worked under CR at Vogue for many years... Could be interesting. Elle needs to be shaken up a bit, they are too polished, too innocent. Most of the fashion editors there are on autopilot.

Plus, everything that could piss Alt off, I am in. Love the drama between these two.

there’s something off about her face unfortunately, and I think Marion is incredible!

I always loved her work for Dior. which makes me think of why did Chanel ‘poach’ her from Dior? couldn’t they have found another muse? because it always seemed to me that Marion was skin deep with CD.
also, did she stop with Dior when MGC started at CD?

there’s something off about her face unfortunately, and I think Marion is incredible!

I always loved her work for Dior. which makes me think of why did Chanel ‘poach’ her from Dior? couldn’t they have found another muse? because it always seemed to me that Marion was skin deep with CD.
I think she was fired/let go when MGC started. Age was apparently an issue.

I think she was fired/let go when MGC started. Age was apparently an issue.

age? :shock::shock::shock: she’s super young! and so gorgeous... but if Natalie is around the same age they had two actresses on the same age bracket... Jennifer Lawrence is obviously younger... so, for make up and perfumes who else do they have? Charlize Theron of course!!!

weird. seems they had 3 actresses around the same age as ambassadors: Theron, Portman and Cotillard.
I also remember Sharon Stone, she used to be the face for the ‘aged’ group with those Dior Capture Totale ads... so they got rid of Marion... hmmm
this age thing is such a big BS for me.

anyway I hope and I’m sure she will deliver with Chanel, she’s amazing in print.

Elle France - 23 October 2020

Un Parfum de Liberté

Photographer: Louie Banks
Stylist: Carine Roitfeld
Makeup: Christophe Danchaud
Cast: Marion Cotillard

Elle France Digital Edition

Elle France - 23 October 2020

Rétro Chic

Photographer: Edouard Plongeon
Stylist: Marine Braunschvig
Hair: Tobias Sagner
Makeup: Kathy Le Sant
Cast: Myrthe Bolt

Elle France Digital Edition

The background reminds me of an abandoned mental asylum. Love the black and white shot though. Retro cHIC looks like an afterthought

age? :shock::shock::shock: she’s super young! and so gorgeous... but if Natalie is around the same age they had two actresses on the same age bracket... Jennifer Lawrence is obviously younger... so, for make up and perfumes who else do they have? Charlize Theron of course!!!

weird. seems they had 3 actresses around the same age as ambassadors: Theron, Portman and Cotillard.
I also remember Sharon Stone, she used to be the face for the ‘aged’ group with those Dior Capture Totale ads... so they got rid of Marion... hmmm
this age thing is such a big BS for me.

anyway I hope and I’m sure she will deliver with Chanel, she’s amazing in print.
Here is more info:

Cannes: Marion Cotillard Dropped by Dior? | Hollywood Reporter

You’re right about Natalie and Charlize. But the difference is they are the faces of Dior perfumes and beauty and I believe MCG doesn’t decide who are the faces there. She at least doesn’t have the last say in it.

Maybe Carine should trade Faena for Louie Banks. It’s a great story (and indeed a one off)!
This is the most interesting thing I’ve seen from Carine in recent times and it is at the same time, a very interesting story with a celebrity.

I find the shot of Marion looking at the camera with the black dress so striking! It could have been a commercial for a Chanel fragrance already!

But I must say that the gap between Carine’s story and Retro-Chic is somehow embarassing.

Besides the fact that she was fired, I think her heart has always been with Chanel tho. Before getting the contract, she has worn Chanel a lot of times. Even in her everyday life, she was carrying a Chanel bag (instead of the Dior).
I think Chanel fits more her personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->