Elliot Page

WheresMyUmbrella

Reaction score
Mega-talented young actress! :heart:

From wikipedia:
Ellen Page (born Ellen Philpotts-Page, February 21, 1987) is a Canadian actress, perhaps best known for her starring role in Hard Candy and as Kitty Pryde in X-Men: The Last Stand. She had previously received attention, particularly in her native Canada, for award-winning roles in "Pit Pony" and Marion Bridge and TV shows "Trailer Park Boys" and "ReGenesis." She is currently generating significant buzz for a possible Academy Award nomination for Best Actress for her performance as a girl facing a teenage pregnancy in Juno.

BIOGRAPHY

Page was born and raised in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the daughter of Martha Phillpotts, a teacher, and Dennis Page, a graphic designer.[1] She attended three different high schools before graduating from the Shambhala School in 2005 in Halifax. Page began her acting career at the age of 10 in a made-for-TV film (which would later be made into a series) called "Pit Pony." This led to roles in a number of small Canadian films and television series. At age 16, she was cast in an independent film shot in Europe, Mouth to Mouth.

Page played one of the main characters in the 2006 movie Hard Candy, for which she gained praise for having done "one of the most complex, disturbing and haunting performances of the year". Page has roles in three as yet unreleased films: An American Crime, based on the true story of Sylvia Likens, opposite Catherine Keener, which premiered at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival, as well as The Tracey Fragments and Stone Angel.

Her next film, Jason Reitman's Juno, is scheduled for a December 2007 release.
photo source: imdb

Attachments

• EllenPage_Pimen_8735687_400.jpg
    EllenPage_Pimen_8735687_400.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 122pagee3.jpg
    122pagee3.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 19
dece1339.jpg
02142284.jpg
1593521d.jpg

b221849c.jpg
5f2a86c4.jpg

0ce459d3.jpg
b8c61a0c.jpg
85e5dab9.jpg
863d4a39.jpg
0e549109.jpg
37f6300f.jpg

source: same as previous

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you, WheresMyUmbrella. I have heard a lot of her lately. She is soo cute..

I love when they say things like 'well known in her native country' she looks familiar and the name is familiar but i'm not familiar with anything she's done. The pic ofher and Michael Cera is so cute though!

Love Ellen, but hate hate hate this dress (not to mention the earrings and the handbag). It's all so prom.:

I prefer her tomboy style:
e78a0aa6.jpg
ba517e65.jpg

source: ellenpage.org

:D

I loved her in Hard Candy. She's going to be able to play a teen when she's 30 years old.

I like her tomboy style. It's a nice change from all the ladylike looks that have been so popular the past year.

Is she dating Ben Foster?

Last edited by a moderator:
how odd, i just watched 3:10 to Yuma which has ben foster in it...

when her hair is shorter she looks like a very pretty boy. And thats no bad thing! She kind of looks like this girl in an episode of Cold Case who in the 60's was dressing as a boy.....anyway they have similar face shapes

I love her :heart:
Reminds me a little of a tom boy version of Rose Byrne

She's a cutie.
I have only seen her in Hard Candy and she was awesome. I hated her the whole time :lol:

I like her. I hear she was great in Juno. I HATED her in X-men because she broke up Bobby and Rouge. b*tch.

From the New York Times:
A Night Out With Ellen Page
Just a Girl From Halifax
By LIZA GHORBANI

30f0867c.jpg

Melissa Lynn for The New York Times
ATTENTION JOAN RIVERSIf you see a carrot strolling down the red carpet,
it may be Ellen Page, star of “Juno.”

WHILE many actresses fantasize about wearing Valentino or Zac Posen on the red carpet, Ellen Page has a completely different idea.

“I always want to dress up like an animal or something really obscure, like a carrot or a wrench,” she said last weekend. “That would be awesome.”

True to her insouciant nature, she was strolling through the Theater District in a classic Members Only jacket and knit cap, looking very downtown. Ms. Page, the young star of the new coming-of-age film “Juno,” was on her way to see her first Broadway show, along with Maud Deitch Rohrer, her best friend from her hometown Halifax, Nova Scotia.

In “Juno,” which opened on Dec. 5 in limited release, Ms. Page plays a teenage outsider who gets pregnant by her best friend, played by Michael Cera from “Superbad.” Her growing belly was played, alternately, by foam inserts and a heavy prosthetic. “That,” Ms. Page said, “was incredible. It was almost like a corset in the back.”

In the film, she decides to give her baby to a yuppie couple, depicted by Jason Bateman and Jennifer Garner. Ms. Page had taken a shine to Ms. Garner and was on her way to see her Broadway debut as Roxane in “Cyrano de Bergerac” opposite Kevin Kline.

“You know,” said Ms. Deitch Rohrer, as she flipped through her Playbill, “that movie ‘Roxanne’ was based on this play. With Steve Martin?”

“I must have missed that one,” said Ms. Page, whose conversation is peppered with references to favorite films, like François Truffaut’s “400 Blows,” which she called “quiet, but stunning.” No film snob, she also was quick to point out that she “had a blast” watching “Snakes on a Plane.”

Ms. Page and Ms. Deitch Rohrer loved the show. Afterward, they congratulated Ms. Garner, who had changed into jeans. “I’m so glad you’re here,” said Ms. Garner, embracing Ms. Page. “I remembered you were here half way through and I got nervous.”

“You were fabulous,” said Ms. Page, and then adopted an exaggerated British accent when she said, “And I feel like I want to talk like this,” eliciting a giggle from Ms. Garner.

Next, the girls from Halifax (or as Ms. Page calls it, “Hal Town”) headed down the street to O’Flaherty’s Ale House, where Ms. Page felt the limitations of American law. Three months shy of 21, she could order only soda water with her plate of raw vegetables.

“The other night I was going out to a bar in Canada,” she said, “because I can drink in that country.”

Even so, at 5-foot-1, Ms. Page has a difficult time convincing bouncers that she meets the age requirement of 19. “I look so young they think I have a fake ID. Sometimes they just won’t let me in the bar.”

When she does gain entry, she often feels a bit singled out. Not that she really minds. “People know who I am now,” Ms. Page said. “So when people are, like, socially lubricated they’re very like, ‘Hey, you’re that girl in those movies.’”

“I remember the first time I saw that,” said Ms. Deitch Rohrer, who has been Ms. Page’s friend since they met in science class at Queen Elizabeth High School. “There were a million drunk people from high school who were like ‘Ellen, Ellen.’”

“Yeah,” Ms. Page said. “People who didn’t even talk to me in high school.”
source: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/09/f...78&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

I can't wait to see Juno. Michael Cera is adorable and she looks like a very talented actress. How tall is she, by the way? She looks like she can't be over 5'2'' ^.^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->