Emily Weiss

Sylphide

Reaction score
Name: Emily Weiss
Birthday: March 22, 1985
Hometown: Wilton, CT
School: NYU

I knew that I wanted to intern at Teen VOGUE from the moment the first issue hit newsstands. Luckily, the team at Polo Ralph Lauren, where I interned during high school, really believed in me and arranged for an interview with the editors. That was my sophomore year of college?two and a half years ago?and I haven?t looked back since!

At the New York office, I'm stationed in the Fashion News department. Because I'm the only intern in Fashion News, my responsibilities run the gamut. A typical day might include doing photo research on style.com, calling in clothing samples, scouting teenagers for the Snapshot and Last Look sections, and, sometimes, writing a feature or styling my own shoot! The great thing about interning at Teen VOGUE is that there is so much room for growth?interns here do incredible things if they work hard enough and think outside the box.
If you're interested in a Teen VOGUE internship, take note: it's not all fun and games! Working at a magazine requires a ton of energy and endurance from its interns and editors alike. The ideal intern is committed, creative, organized, ambitious, independent, and able to crack a smile, whether meeting a celebrity or folding socks.

from Teen Vogue 2007
http://www.teenvogue.com/teamvogue/blogs/intern/2007/02/meet-emily.html

Attachments

• bl_intern_emily.jpg
    bl_intern_emily.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 904
via teenvogue.com

Attachments

• emily_julia_2.jpg
    emily_julia_2.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 11
  • em_ana_ash.jpg
    em_ana_ash.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 17
  • jane_emily.jpg
    jane_emily.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
via style.com

Attachments

• whitney art party.jpg
    whitney art party.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 22
  • teenvoguehandbookreleaseparty.jpg
    teenvoguehandbookreleaseparty.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 12
  • emily-weiss_style.jpg
    emily-weiss_style.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 11
Oh I remember Emily she's adorable.

-1163646e5a216ca9c1.jpg

Glam

18.jpg

NYMag

fentonfallon-nyfw.jpg

Teen Vogue

She's in the November Teen Vogue (in a 'after the internship' article). She's now the assistant to Elissa Santisi, who's a contributing editor (stylist) at Vogue. I've always loved her style.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess she's working at Vogue now

Credit: US Vogue website
img_0010.jpg

this is emily the "super intern" from the hills correct?

There's nothing wrong with her style, but it's just so generic and nothing special.

Blah-cakes really.

I think she suits dark hair, it gives her a striking sort of look. She looks older and bland with the light

I actually really like the second outfit in #4 but her style is really nothing special

yup the super intern! she was in two eps i think - the first when they hosted some dinner and the second when whitney tripped down the stairs when filming GMA.

i kinda liked her and how she took her job seriously and her "Superintern"-ness

can i say i love her blog? i've been reading a few articles over the last couple of days - its great!

Just discovered her blog "Into the Gloss" recently and I love it, especially the Topshelf category. I admit, I'm nosy, and I want to see what others use and what their routines are. I like that she found a focus for her blog rather than just being another street fashion photography or catwalk image dump.

Also, while the Hills presented her "super-intern"ness as a bad thing, I admire her for that. Not everyone is a Lauren or Kristin. Nothing wrong with hardwork...in fact, the opposite!

Last Look: Zoe Lescaze
teenVOGUE November 2005
ph: Martien Mulder
fashion editor: Jay Massacret
fashion journalist: Emily Weiss
zlestvnov05.jpg

ellastica scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member