Empties - beauty products you've used up!

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil - my holy grail, I'll probably buy it forever

Lancome Huile Eclat Face Cleanser - loved it but it's discontinued. I don't get it- why to discontinue such a great product!? :angry: I've bought MAC Cleanse Off Oil but it's not as good.

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle EDP - another holy grail, the scent lasts for ages.

Vichy Idealia Face Cream for Dry Skin - I'm actually quite satisfied with this product, since I've been using it it my face became more radiant, the smell is divine. I have a combo skin but it's not greasy at all. I'll buy it again, however it lasts for one month only!

Bioderma Sensibio H2O - another staple. It's an amazing stuff.

I own (and constantly buy) so (too) much makeup so skincare & perfumes are the only products I use up regulary. :lol:

LoL, at first when reading this thread I thought, well, my list will be like a mile long! Except... Over last 10+ years there's actually only a handful of products that I have found to be nice enough to repurchase them again and again. ^_^

• Since sunscreen is the single most important anti-aging product I'm starting with this one. By far the one sunscreen that offers best protection (EU-version) without being greasy or sticky! It's a bit white though... Still, I always have a bottle of it somewhere since it outperforms pretty much everything else, never lets me tan or burn. Weirdly I enough, I hate all the other LRP sunscreens... and most other sunscreens as well. :lol:

LP14871_large.jpg

source: laroche-posay.com

• Best anti-aging cream. Period. Better than the Rx stuff, tretinoin. Unlike the other non-Rx retinol creams (which are 99% useless, regardless of what the ads says), this does have same effect on my skin as the Rx stuff, but with less side effects.

SCS043_l.png

source: skinceuticals.com
  • Of all the lip stuff I've tried, this plain tube outperforms even the 5-10x more expensive potions and is lightyears ahead of the other drugstore stuff. Totally cures my chapped lips. :wub:

P066_large.jpg

• Best cleanser for summer months.

LP14324_large.jpg

• And for winter months, adds just the right amount of moisture to skin.

sensibio_h20_250ml08_gd.jpg

source: bioderma.com
  • My :heart::heart::heart: skin-hero. After peels, needling or just minor scratches somewhere, or whenever there's any sort of skin disaster - Cicaplast deals with it all! There's also a balm version of this available.

LP14410_large.jpg

Bioderma Whitening makeup remover
Kiehls volumising shampoo
Too Faced Queen Size mascara
Too faced lash injecting mascara

3742.jpg

dermstore.com

Weird it's called gentle, it has tons of orange oil which kinda stings/tingles, and it really really isn't good at removing sunscreen and such. Not repurchasing. What's the point of a cleanser that doesn't clean skin?
That's what I get for straying away from the great micellar waters. :rolleyes:

1336.jpg

dermstore.com

Kinda liked it after the Gentle Cleanser, but with the micellar waters it's an extra step I don't need and since it doesn't have a profound positive effect on skin... In case anyone's interested it has natural sources of AHA, but it didn't exfoliate skin, doesn't even sting or anything and the spray pump wastes a lot of product. Not repurchasing. :lol:

L'Occitane Cherry Blossom EDT: Lovely spring scent, but I think it doesn't suit my personality anymore.
10301119-1340176425-124057.jpg

hqhair.com

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Usage Dry Oil: I can't say enough good things about Nuxe products. It truly is as good as they say and it smells DIVINE. :heart: Unfortunately it's quite expensive and it doesn't last a very long time if you're using it daily.
10556074-1338997763-993092.jpg

lookfantastic.com

Vichy Essentielles Facial Foaming Cleanser: One of my favourite cleansing gels, but apparently it's been discontinued.
2d6fa55e64d966e6_vichy_cleanser.JPG

cocomotion.onsugar.com

L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution: I wouldn't recommend this. It's not really gentle and it's not half as good as Bioderma.
MICELLAR-PACKSHOT-WITH-WATER_gl_26mar13_pr_b.jpg

glamourmagazine.co.uk

Cottage Caramel Exfoliating Shower Gel: Omg, I loved this. The smell is very realistic, not overpowering. Some scents like strong fake "natural" scents (fake, cheap, overly sweet vanilla is the worse) can cause me to get a headache. :wacko:
view_image_type2.cfm

cewuk.co.uk

15087623703-350.jpg

getprice.com.au

So I succumbed to peer pressure/rave reviews and got the famous Nuxe Reve de Miel shower gel. On plus side, the bottle is huge and the scent doesn't linger so there's that. Cons: it doesn't smell like anything nice, acidic flower/sugar fragrance that is actually a big nauseating. Luckily it fades away fast. Nice honey scent - fail. Cleasning power - weak, it doesn't get non-waterproof tinted sunscreen off my hands, my white towels are all stained. And while it doesn't dry skin out, Nuxe claims it can moisturize skin... Leaves my skin a bit tight, despite all the glycerine and sunflower oil and whatelse is in there. Also, I ran out of it pretty fast, 400 ml usually lasts me more than a couple of weeks. This one ran out in 2 weeks, because I needed so much of it to get skin clean. And I'm by no means spoiled when it comes to shower gels, I usually get La Roche-Posay Surgras, which by the way, same price range, but lightyears ahead of Nuxe in therms of product quality, at least gets skin clean without damaging skin.
Not sold on it.

baume-levres.png

nuxe.com

The other much-raved-about Nuxe product I wanted to love. No love. I have nothing againt the (very cool) glass jar and it smells/tastes nice, orangy/citrusy, but as lip balm it's average, coats lips in waxy layer and that's about it. And underneath my skin dries out even more. Ended up with even drier lips than before, like with most lip balms. Bit confused why every magazine and blogger raves about it, it's not even anywhere near good... IMO. Too bad, because it smells delicious.
Back to La Roche-Posay Ceralip.

Unfortunately I just finished my first jar of the Laneige water sleeping pack. I can't decide if I want to get this one again or try another brand. This 80 ml one lasted me almost an entire year but there are cheaper ones that have an even larger amount. This one was pretty helpful with breakouts even though it's not specifically for that. It even brings out the annoying breakouts that linger under the skin forever.

LCN Nail Builder (moisturizing nail regenerator, promotes nail growth:( This was my second bottle. Loved this stuff, it's like a very thick oil and it lasts ageeess (one year actually :mrgreen: ). Also an additional therapy for nail biters, due to its bitter taste. That's why I probably won't buy it again, because I don't bite my nails and when this stuff comes into contact with my mouth, well, let's just say it tastes pretty nasty and you can't get rid of the taste very easily. :doh:
item1907_1.jpg

pudra.by

LCN Nail Active
(peachy smell oil free moisturiser, it also improves your circulation leaving your nails and cuticles feeling fresh and revitalised:( One of my nail care staples. It does wonders with dry, brittle nails. I discovered this after my one and only (awful) experience with soak-off gel nail polish and this really saved my nails. :heart:
fnc_get_image.asp

beautyconcepts.co.uk

La Roche Posay Hydreane Riche Moisturizing Cream for Sensitive Skin Paraben Free: Lovely cream for dry and dehydrated skin. My skin always looks immediately relieved and hydrated after using it. It absorbs quickly without leaving any film. Also a great moisturizer to use under foundation.
la-roche-posay-hydreane-riche-mousturizing-cream.jpg

echemist.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Shu Uemura Muroto Volume Shampoo - it's my fourth (I think) package and I really like it. Next time I'll purchase a shampoo from their Silk Bloom range.

Dior "Miss Dior" Perfumed Shower Gel - my guilty pleasure, LOVE it. Smells divine and IS moisturizing so I sometimes skip my body lotion.

feelunique

Majolica Majorca SPF20 Skin Lingerie Pore Cover Primer - my holy grail of primers, the best I've ever used and will use it forever.

herworldplus.com

Bioderma Hydrabio Mousse
Guys, this stuff really helped me with my adult acne. In theory, it's a makeup removing mousse. After a few uses I've got the worst breakout, my friend told me that maybe it's that "purging" phase and I should try to use it for a few next weeks. I additionally use Differin and take anti-acne antibiotics. Two months ago I couldn't look in the mirror... Now I'm so happy because my skin's condition has improved so much! After over a year of my acne battle it means A LOT.
And, of course, I recommend it also as a makeup remover! I use Bioderma Sensibio H2O afterwards to remove any makeup leftovers.

lecomptoirsante.com

Bump! Here are some of my recent empties from the past couple of weeks. :wink:

Beauty staples I've already repurchased:

Bioderma Sensibio H2O
Bioderma Hydrabio Mousse Hydrating Cleansing Foam
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (01 Transparent) [the best drugstore powder- mattifying, unclogging, natural-looking. I used to buy Guerlain's Les Voilettes loose powder- this is almost as good but 10 times cheaper]
Essence Brow Gel
Bourjois Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal Foundation (51) [my go-to foundation when I'm not at my palest (Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia)]

Other products

YSL Baby Doll Mascara [amazing for lower lashes, but I won't repurchase]

Max Factor Masterpiece Max Mascara [so far my favourite drugstore mascara]

Dior Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum [not really a serum, rather a primer. Maybe I will repurchase because it does help to achieve a "false lashes" effect.]

Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara [which is totally not worth the hype]

MAC Mineralize Blush in Dainty [it took me 3 years (!) to finish this product! A gorgeous and flattering shade, but it don't have a good staying power]

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Highlighting Pen [works wonders for under-eye dark circles, but I won't repurchase because it's overly scented and packed with alcohol]

Benefit That Gal Primer [cute gadget that brightens the skin and smells gorgeous]

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (NC 15) [not enough to cover my under-eye circles but great for covering up any blemishes]

Vichy Idealia Cream for Dry Skin [my 6th jar and probably the last because I've already discovered some great organic skincare products!]

Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream [for the price, very average product, won't repurchase]

Galenic Pur Exfoliating Gel [very gentle- almost too gentle for an exfoliator- and non-irritating, but nothing special]

Products I love and I've already repurchased:
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in "Transparent"
Dior Diorshow Lash Plumping Serum (I've learned to love it)
Lovely Curling Pump Up Mascara (new-found drugstore gem)
Skin79 Vital Orange BB Cream (HG base product right now)
Catrice Eyebrow Filler Perfecting & Shaping Gel (Benefit's Gimme Brow dupe)
Catrice Camoflage Cream in Ivory (guys if you can buy Catrice products get this one because it's the best high coverage concealer, covers everything)
Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C+E Serum (this product just blew me away! my post-acne scars almost entirely disappeared :shock:)

Won't repurchase: (warning: mascara addict)
Bourjois Healthy Mix Pressed Powder (ctually used it as a bronzer because the lightest shade turned out to be too dark)
Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara
Maybelline One-by-One Mascara (one of the worst mascaras I've had)
Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara
Astor Volume Diva Curve Me Sexy Mascara
Astor Big & Beautiful LovelyDoll Mascara
Vichy Normaderm Anti-Age Moisturizer (too scented for me)

Neutrogena Shine Control foundation in Fresh Beige
Vichy shampoo for sensitive /flaky scalp
Too Faced Leopard bronzer
Too Faced oil free primer
Benefit's Diva lipstick (unfortunately discontinued)

Nars' Orgasm is the ONLY product I've used consistently over the past 5+ years and have managed to used up every last bit possible. :heart:

s248930_main_zoom.jpg

L'Oreal telescopic mascara
Diorshow mascara
Simple pure and simple facial wash
Dior gel coat for nails
Essie all in one top and base coat
Illamasqua skin base foundation
Nars tinted moisturiser

I've had too many makeup products in my personal stash so I decided to use up as many as I can (even if they were not my favourites), so these are only some of my recent empties

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream - love their foundations, it's second tube I've used up
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer - sometimes I keep going back to this concealer but I don't plan to repurchase it anytime soon
MAC Prep + Prime CC Primer in Neutralize - it didn pretty much nothing but I've used it up because it was quite pricey (in my country MAC's prices are ridiculous :/)
MAC Lipstick in "Mac Red" - really pretty classic red shade
Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie Pore Cover - definitely one of my fave primers, but I've just found a better one
L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer - nothing special, and the scent is bad
L'Oreal Super Liner Black Magic - my HG, all time-favourite eyeliner
L'Oreal True Match Perfecting Concealer in 01 - I bought it because of the shade- it's literally a PERFECT match for my skintone, that's why I'm going to repurchase it
A couple of NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams in Stockholm - one of my favourite "your lips but better" shades
Sleek Matte Me Liquid Lipstick in Rjoia Red - one of the best matte lip products, stays on the lips for literally all day
Too Faced Candlelight Glow Duo - another TF product which isn't as nice as the packaging
Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy EDP - I've had the biggest volume available for a year or so and I eventually got bored with it
Valentino Rock'n'Rose Couture EDP - a surprise discovery from my drawer
Victoria's Secret Lash Lust Mascara - didn't exactly use it up- just threw it away because it just didn't perform well
L'Oreal So Couture Mascara - decent one, but nothing spectacular

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->