Erdem Moralioglu S/S 07 London

MulletProof

Reaction score
[images and article both from style.com]

LONDON, September 22, 2006 – The adjectives being thrown around after Erdem Moralioglu's show—pretty! gorgeous! lovely!—haven't been heard much at the London shows. There's been plenty of buzz about the nineties trend, of course, but there's always room for a well-done, individualistic something else. Erdem provided just that with a collection that he said, "was about Perry Ellis and early-American sportswear, combined with something decadent and eighteenth century, like lace and tapestry."

In his third season since winning the Fashion Fringe competition, he worked at refining the ideas with which he began: dresses, pleating, and a taste for odd botanical and ornithological prints. Encouraged by the fact that his most expensive things have sold best, and counseled by his twin sister, Sara—"My best critic!"—he came up with a great blend of highly wrought laces and encrusted embroideries, smartly contrasted with cleaner, sportier elements, like raincoats cut from traditional Mackintosh fabric, that kept the mood from becoming too sweet.

Some of the pieces, like a trapeze dress made from panels of rose-patterned lace and cream satin pleats flowing from a heavily embroidered yoke, are beautiful one-offs. Many were executed using deluxe French lace donated by Sophie Hallette in a sponsorship deal, and made by people who used to manufacture for Roland Mouret. "I lucked out this season," he declared after the show. "I felt much more comfortable with this collection, like I found my feet."

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

me too. :heart: ^_^
i know nothing about erdem but i saw the collection in style.com and it just grabbed my attention, it might be the use of lace, which i have a weakness for :P . but i also love the trousers, the palette..and oddly enough, the dark long dress in the fifth post. i like the fact that it's all very feminine, with a lot of materials that tend to be thrown loosely in 'feminine' collections but it looks very well-managed here..far from frilliness. i think. -_-

I agree. I oddly adore the dress in the second photo in the last set you posted. It's very classic. I have never heard of this designer before in my life! :D

I think it's a nice continuation from his F/W06 collection with similar prints and bolder use of stripes. I still think his use of prints can be a little messy looking and I actually prefer the plainer stuff where he's concentrated more on shape. I think he's another one to watch though at LFW with his stuff being worn on the red carpet (I think it was Claudia Schiffer).

i like the intimate choice of venue but i find the collection a bit 'heavy' and 'winter-ish'
not too hot with his prints or with the use of lace tights and the stripes are a bit too loud
was expecting something stronger from what i read on the review.. not impressed

don't know exacly why, but i really do like this collection....there's just something exciting about it!

I really like this. It's really sublime and elegant but still has a certain quirkiness to it. Reminds me a little bit of Anne-Valerie for some reason. I'm with you on lace Mullet... :blush: But I like the nature and what looks like starburst prints...really good there. And I like the detail on a couple of the dresses...they looked shredded petals :wub:

MulletProof said:
me too. :heart: ^_^
i know nothing about erdem

here is some information about him ^_^
source:british vogue

Attachments

• tara0001.jpg
    tara0001.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 9
I really like it, always love the prints, the white tights are dreadful, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->