Erickson Beamon

fab_fifties_fille

crossed wires.
Reaction score
Have many people bought from Erikson Beamon before? Alot of it seems rather costumey it's price range seems to be £200.00+ I love the pearl one with the silver brooch :heart:
The brooches would look lovely on a jacket or coat lapel...

Erickson Beamon has been the driving force in the fashion industry for over 20 years. The brand is a partnership between Karen Erickson and Vicki Sarge. Hometown friends from Detroit, Karen and Vicki shared a passion for music, the arts and of course fashion. In the early 80’s, Karen opened up a shop in the prestigious area of Birmingham, Michigan, which quickly took off and became a tremendous success.

It wasn’t long before the two starry eyed girls left their mid west lives for the bright lights of New York and in 1982 Karen and Vicki settled in the heart of Manhattan. Karen swiftly opened a shop in the posh Upper East Side, 68th and Madison. They were soon to become the New York “scenesters”, dressing the style icons of the day.

An unexpected twist came when Karen and Vicki were working with a Fashion Designer on their runway show. Frustrated at finding no one would lend them jewellery to accessorize the collection the pair began stringing crystals and beads on suede and thus the legacy of Erickson Beamon was born. Karen and Vicki were instantly attributed as designing the hippest jewellery around. Their explosion onto the fashion scene was hastily picked up on, soon retailers and press came knocking and it seemed the young company was destined for success.

Erickson Beamon’s domestic success travelled across the Atlantic. In 1985, Vicki Sarge moved to London to spearhead the European wholesale division of Erickson Beamon. With the tremendous success received in wholesale consistently growing, the first retail shop opened in the Belgravia, London in 1995.

Erickson Beamon’s design ethos is as vast and varied as its customers. An amazing ability to create designs from street fashion to haute couture has kept Erickson Beamon at the top of its game. Whilst being influenced and inspired by many facets of culture and moving trends the Erickson Beamon signature is always present. The coveted beaded necklaces have become the Beamon trademark, as well as chandelier earrings, bracelets and brooches all meticulously handcrafted using the tiniest of crystals and semi precious stones.

Erickson Beamon has collaborated with every major designer over the years, selling to the worlds top retailers. We continue to grace the pages of the top and most progressive magazines, Vogue, Vogue Italia, Harpers and Queen, ID, Dazed and Confused, Purple, W, Dutch, Tank etc.

Erickson Beamon continues to evolve and expand their operations. Realising the growth of the luxury goods market and the attraction to the qualities of semi precious and precious stones, Erickson Beamon now boasts a range of exquisite semi precious jewellery in 22 ct gold. As well as this in 2004 Erickson Beamon premiered its first 18kt white gold and Diamond collection to celebrate 21 years in the business. Inspired by the elegance of 18th century pieces, the collection was launched at a glittering star studded event at Barney’s flagship store in Manhattan.

Quote taken from their official site: http://www.ericksonbeamon.com/cover.php
Pictures from www.brownsfashion.com

Then perhaps you would care to start a thread on 'house of done' prince? It looks like interesting stuff, very different :heart:

^personally i think they've become a little too fadish- but its well made costume jewellery. its also worth remembering they have a diffusion line at debenhams

oh really? I never knew of their diffusion line...thanks for that travis, I tried to check their website but it's not being all too compliant today

Bluefly.com sometimes sells Erickson Beamon Studio dirt cheap.

Erickson Beamon Necklace

*swoon*
gahh!
im in love with this necklace!

08m.jpg

style.com

its $978.. but :cry::cry: wow..

theyve actually got some great stuff.

Hmm, I like the sense of play and the riotous colors, but I would want to make this for myself. Buying an artistic conversation piece like this - at that price - in plastic. Nope, not for me. But it is fun conceptually, and I can imagine going to a party with lots of children and having an awfully good time chatting with the kids about the necklace! Maybe even get them to make some of their own! :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ yah im not going to buy it (think of all the other things you could buy with the money!) and ill just make it for myself =]

it's cute but it's plastic, yes? I wouldn't pay more than 200$ for it.

I've seen similar on etsy before for much much cheaper...

You could buy a dremel and hit the toy or comic book store and make your own personlized one for 1/10 the price.

Here are my recent Erickson Beamon purchases:
ericb2001512867_201x396.jpg
Edie_Sedgwick_2_1.jpg

ericb2001211739_347x683d.jpg

04.jpg

AND THEN THE ULTIMATE, I DROPPED A TAD OVER 1K ON THIS NECKLACE I BOUGHT ON EBAY-MY FAVORITE PIECE OF COSTUME JEWELRY EVER EVER EVER=THIS NECKLACE:
00.jpg

OH AND FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T SEEN OR FELT THIS JEWELRY IN PERSON-IT IS TOP, TOP QUALITY AND WORTH EVERY PENNY. I HAVE BEEN AN AVID COLLECTOR OF VINTAGE ESTATE AND BRAND NEW COSTUME JEWELRY FOR YEARS-I LEARNED HOW TO DETERMINE QUALITY FROM MY FATHER (WHOSE IS AN APPRAISER OF FINE AND VINTAGE COSTUME JEWELRY AND ALSO A BUSINESS OWNER OF A FINE VINTAGE JEWELRY BOUTIQUE) SO I HAVE BEEN THOROUGHLY EDUCATED ON COSTUME JEWELRY FOR THE PAST 24 YEARS.) Erickson Beamon is one of the top costume jewelry designers of today (that are actually affordable.) I love Kenneth Jay Lane-but Erickson Beamon far excedes KJL in quality and workmanship. I will admit though I have seen a lot of avant guard/trendy jewelry that looks cheap that was designed by Erickson Beamon (a bulk of that sh*tty work is sold on electricladyland.com)-but the items I have purchased as pictured above are SOME OF THE BEST, HIGH QUALITY/NEWLY MANUFACTURED/DESIGNED COSTUME JEWELRY I HAVE COME ACROSS IN YEARS. I AM A HUGE FAN OF OVER-SIZED COCKTAIL RINGS AND SPARKLY BAUBLES that mirror those of the glamorous jewelry worn by the ultimate glamorous girls of the 1960's.

If you search hard you can find similar looking jewelry made by up and coming artists-Tarina Tarantino has sold similar necklaces for $300-I recently bought this Hello Kitty "Waterfall" necklace made by T.T. from 80spurple.com
The necklace that you like is VERY Heatherette-but Erickson Beamon makes higher quality jewelry at far cheaper prices and I would not purchase this particular piece at the retail price since it is made of nothing but plastic-I'm sure if you check electricladyland.com regularly-this particular necklace will be reduced in price since this is not a necklace many people would buy (i.e. they will have a hard time selling it and will eventually be forced to mark it down.) These are collector's items, so if you absolutely love it and take care of it immaculately--it will be worth a LOT of money in the future. Check ebay regularly as well.
My Tarina Tarantino necklace:
tt_nhk01s77121.jpg

Very Heatherette, it reminded me of your necklace which also reminds me of Heatherette even though the necklaces are nothing alike.

that specific beamon necklace reminded me of Christina Darras' Plastic is Fantastic collections.
the latest one of her necklace collection consisted of very similar items and similar buttons made into massive necklaces :heart:
...oh and for a lot less!

this is very disappointing from erickson beamon imo :(

jewellery1.jpg

(pic: christinadarras.com)

*swoon*
gahh!
im in love with this necklace!

style.com

its $978.. but :cry::cry: wow..

theyve actually got some great stuff.

that necklace looks like one of those 80's charm necklaces with the plastic chain that had the baby bottle and little knives and bambis.

opaline, please provide credits for your images else they will have to be removed, thanks.

Here are my recent Erickson Beamon purchases:
ericb2001512867_201x396.jpg
Edie_Sedgwick_2_1.jpg

ericb2001211739_347x683d.jpg

04.jpg

AND THEN THE ULTIMATE, I DROPPED A TAD OVER 1K ON THIS NECKLACE I BOUGHT ON EBAY-MY FAVORITE PIECE OF COSTUME JEWELRY EVER EVER EVER=THIS NECKLACE:
00.jpg

pictures credits: ebay.com, edienation.com, opaline's personal photo collection taken with her canon eos digital rebel xt of personally owned images/items and shopbop.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->