Etro F/W 10.11 Milan

^^it's better than that!
Ford's asian collections always had this feeling that the Russian collections from Saint Laurent himself had. Imagining or doing russia, without ever being to russia.
This is a real trip to China, Pakistan, Tibet, Singapore, Mongolia, Japan, and taking the very best of each to put it together in one show. Rich and detailed
truly fantastical!

edit: needless to say, i consider this to be one of etro's best in a long time. for a house that knows so well it's prints, it's patterns and brocades, it's great to see they get away from the cheesy porto fino caftan look, and go for a more intimate, soft, "in house" proposition

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm reminded of one of the last collections of tom ford for the house of yves saint laurent.

Yes, same here and that was one of my favourite collections of all time, so it's not surprising that this falls a bit short, for me.

It's still very nice, though (minus the fox tails...*shudder*).

Ford's asian collections always had this feeling that the Russian collections from Saint Laurent himself had. Imagining or doing russia, without ever being to russia.
This is a real trip to China, Pakistan, Tibet, Singapore, Mongolia, Japan, and taking the very best of each to put it together in one show. Rich and detailed
truly fantastical!

It doesn't really bother me that they're not truly 'authentic', TBH.

Chinoisserie is (and has, historically, always been) beautiful in its own right - it doesn't need to be a carbon copy of, or even directly influenced by, the original, IMO.

^^oh! but i mean the "doing without ever being" in the best possible way!!!
i just meant to say the feeling is different.
tom ford for ysl or yves' collections had this fantasy feeling about them. they were absolutely magic!
i now realize how saying "it's better than that" made the whole thing a bit confusing :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->