Ever done something you've seen in a movie?

iluvfashion

Reaction score
I was watching Never Been Kissed last night and I thought here is an idea:

Have you ever seen anything on TV ..something sort of crazy but you have actually done it or some story line so unbelievable is happenning and all you can say is..naah tht would never happen in real life..but in fact it has:flower:

I'll start:

Kicking a door open: You know how you see this many times in action movies I'have actually kicked open an airport bathroom door and freed a woman who was locked in there and thanked me coz she nearly missed her flight, haha. Me and heels kicking a door:blush:

Throwing a drink at someone's face: Done it to a very deserving person in a crowded bar and grabbedmy bag and walked out of there. Boy it felt good.

Fall of the bar stool..err twice: This unfortunately happened and boy it did not feel good

Anybody else?

Oh..and I've always found..STAY BACK, i AM A DOCTOR line so cheesy but at the IHOP (pancake house) about 2 months ago this guy collapsed while eating and 2 people rushed and used that very same line:D

I have always wanted to go to the airport and get on the next plane departing for Venice(or any other beautiful city) without any previous planning, like Marisa Tomai in Only You. So one time I was at the Los Angeles airport waiting for my flight to New York, when I decided at the last minute to go to Miami, because it was January and the warm weather was really tempting, but once in Miami I couldn't stop and left for St. Thomas and then Puerto Rico. I wasn't carring my passport so I couldn't go to Venice though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen various movies and shows where the characters bake stuff into food and give it to people. Well, when I was in the 6th grade and my sister was in the 8th at a zero tolerance k-8th school, her and two of her friends were going to bake a cake with lake water and a dead fly they found on the window and enter it into the cake walk for the school's carnival as a prank, but make it look completely undesirable, of course, so no one would eat it. I said that they should put ex-lax and dog poop in it (because I've seen that in something before) and they did.

So they made it into cupcakes, then mashed the cupcakes together into a mound and put some mini snickers around it for garnish. It looked disgusting, even if you didn't know what was in it. A girl from my grade delivered it to the office the day of the carnival which was Friday. Apparently, the girl told a bunch of people and a boy told his mom, who worked at the school. She threw it away, because she understood it was joke, and told some other members of the staff.

On Monday I was called up to the principal's office and she said knew everything and I said I didn't do anything (because I didn't do anything). My sister and one of her friends were expelled and banned from school property and everyone who was involved in it or knew about were suspended for 2 weeks. The school sold the story to a few news outlets (and even CNN reported on it) and they all made us sound like we were out to murder people. I didn't think that what we did was bad at all then, since I've seen it on done so many times.

^^ thats so nasty .. but so funny lol .. i mean come on i think the school over reacted i mean you were kids for gods sakes. ok granted 6th grade maybe older enough to know better but still only kids. how did you parents react lol ??

in the film wedding planner with jlo she says something about how to get fake tan off hands 2 parts suger one part lemon juice .. and it works .. ive tried and tested it. from the film of course lol.

I am sorry but that is gross. Not your fault though! :P I am afraid I think they deserved to be suspended at least. How old are you in sixth grade? I dont know -maybe I am being very English but I dont think disrespecting food like that is very nice. I suppose it is an American humour thing. Plus why have those ingredients near you or in your kitchen?

You know those glass elevators outside buildings...? I saw this in a Korean movie...when it's nighttime and the citylights were shining, we faced the outside, put our right arms up as the elevators were moving up, and went..."SUPERMAN!!!"

:lol:

I am sorry but that is gross. Not your fault though! :P I am afraid I think they deserved to be suspended at least. How old are you in sixth grade? I dont know -maybe I am being very English but I dont think disrespecting food like that is very nice. I suppose it is an American humour thing. Plus why have those ingredients near you or in your kitchen?

your like 11 .. i just think its funny it made national enws .. why they would want to touch that stuff to put into a cake is beyond me or even put it anyewere near their oven etc. also if its a school with kindergardens in its a well known fact that dog dirt can make children blind .. could have been nasty.

Kicking a door open: You know how you see this many times in action movies I'have actually kicked open an airport bathroom door and freed a woman who was locked in there and thanked me coz she nearly missed her flight, haha. Me and heels kicking a door

What do you normally open doors with if not your feet?

Once i kissed my boyfriend like upside-down like in Spider Man^_^

well since we dont have a toasty maker and im very partial to a toasty now and then after watching benny and joon and seeing how they made toasties with and iron i decided to try it to see if it would work! well when a tad drunk:innocent:

and i was so amazed that it worked it toasted the bread and melted the cheese perfectly!^_^ the cotton setting worked the best:lol:

sleepingbeauty13 said:
I have always wanted to go to the airport and get on the next plane departing for Venice(or any other beautiful city) without any previous planning, like Marisa Tomai in Only You. So one time I was at the Los Angeles airport waiting for my flight to New York, when I decided at the last minute to go to Miami, because it was January and the warm weather was really tempting, but once in Miami I couldn't stop and left for St. Thomas and then Puerto Rico. I wasn't carring my passport so I couldn't go to Venice though.

Oh my gosh..I totally forgot that movie and I have done that

I was by myself (my child was with my sister in another state) and my best friends work for UAL. So once in a while they give me discounted passes. They list my name so if there is a seat I fly..So I was going to my sister's 2 yrs over the memorial day weekend and after 3 flights I was still waiting. Guess what..I had my bags so I got on a flight to MexicoB)

laurlaur said:
I've seen various movies and shows where the characters bake stuff into food and give it to people. Well, when I was in the 6th grade and my sister was in the 8th at a zero tolerance k-8th school, her and two of her friends were going to bake a cake with lake water and a dead fly they found on the window and enter it into the cake walk for the school's carnival as a prank, but make it look completely undesirable, of course, so no one would eat it. I said that they should put ex-lax and dog poop in it (because I've seen that in something before) and they did.

So they made it into cupcakes, then mashed the cupcakes together into a mound and put some mini snickers around it for garnish. It looked disgusting, even if you didn't know what was in it. A girl from my grade delivered it to the office the day of the carnival which was Friday. Apparently, the girl told a bunch of people and a boy told his mom, who worked at the school. She threw it away, because she understood it was joke, and told some other members of the staff.

On Monday I was called up to the principal's office and she said knew everything and I said I didn't do anything (because I didn't do anything). My sister and one of her friends were expelled and banned from school property and everyone who was involved in it or knew about were suspended for 2 weeks. The school sold the story to a few news outlets (and even CNN reported on it) and they all made us sound like we were out to murder people. I didn't think that what we did was bad at all then, since I've seen it on done so many times.

I agree, that was just a huge overreaction.
But, hey, that's a story to tell your grandkids. :P

I'm trying to think of something to offer this thread, but nothing really comes to mind, right now...

I forgot to mention that my sister and her friend- who were 14 at the time- were arrested at school during lunch, pretty much paraded through the school in hand-cuffs, booked, etc.

I'll mention again that none of us knew what could potentially happen and no one would have wanted to eat it anyway.

sleepingbeauty13 said:
OMG I always wanted to do that.I love that scene where she is running down the airport in her wedding dress!:lol: Oh and i love that movie!:flower:

It's not actually have "done something." But, I always love to quote my favorite films or do something that's ididiosyncratic of a character. For example, saying "la de da" from "Annie Hall" or putting my hand up and moving my fingers and I flip them off once they say "stop" moving my fingers (which is from "Before Sunset"). Then there's also quoting numerous lines from "Friends." But, no one my age watches those films and so, therefore they think I'm strange or weird...

:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CincyCritic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->