Fabrica

travolta

Reaction score
a free residency in italy to work in a top design research centre? only those 25 and under need apply...

The Fabrica Idea

Fabrica, the Benetton research centre on communication, is primarily a meeting place. Meetings between people, of course, but also between artistic fields, languages, forms of expression, territories. Even the space, the architecture is witness to this. An old villa, restored and augmented by one of the most renowned contemporary architects, Tadao Ando, like a bridge thrown between the past and the future, with cement roots solidly anchored into the earth and columns that stretch into the emptiness to hold up the sky. Is Fabrica a school? A research center? A cultural reservoir? Fabrica is a little of each but in the end doesn't allow itself to be rigidly cataloged and homogenized. This is also a sign of its uniqueness and innovation. So far, as a center for the production of culture, it has been actively involved with films awarded prizes at international festivals, books, CDs and DVDs published by renowned publishers, musical projects, exhibitions, objects and international campaigns for major institutions. Each year a group of young artists invited from all over the world, is dedicated, through photography, design, music,video, writing, interactive and visual communication, to uncover the future

www.fabrica.it

Ali Batı, one of the turkish most talented visual artists, he is also invited there earlier this year.

I can't wait for his new work and visual art performances after this experience, i guess we will hear his name more often.

hm, i'll try to find his work on the site. btw, after posting this i realized that probably shouldn't as it is incredibly difficult to get into already!

<sigh> oh, well. i haven't so far had the balls to apply!

i'm too old already:ninja:
it is a very fascinating project, you really should give it a try travolta!
reminds me i read of something similar founded/organized by arte povera's michelangelo pistoletto....

travolta said:
oh, well. i haven't so far had the balls to apply!

Aw! Same here, I've been trying to get a portfolio ready for Fabrica since April and I only get depressed, looking at my work and thinking it's crap and not good enough for Fabrica. But, I would LOVE to go there. It's always there in the back of my mind.

i know few people who has been there, imo you should give a try, guys! really...
:smile::heart:

mirrra, can you ask them about their experience there and maybe tell us a bit about it, what to expect, you know, that kind of stuff?

sure:smile: i'll ask the spanish girl i know who was there more recently, the other 2 guys
were about 8-9 years ago ...and so far i know many things changed at fabrica since than time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->