****FAKE designer sunglasses??****

Reaction score
i went to downtown LA the other day and bought a knock off Gucci 2564 off the street. it looks EXACTLY the same as my real one. i've been searching for a new pair of glasses for quite a while now, since i accidentally ran over my real guccis with my car. LONG STORY. too painful to tell.

anyways, i'm SO against purchasing fakes, especially handbags. however, i really don't think fake sunglasses are THAT bad. it looks exactly the same as my authentic one: size, width, brand name, color, shade, shape, weight, everything. but you know what the best part is? it only cost me five buckaroos.

i think i'll head down there again sometime this week and buy a sh*t load of shades. god im so excited to get my hands on these "chanel" sunglasses i've been eyeing for like eternity.

anyways, i'm just curious what you guys think of fake shades. yay or nay? either way i'm gonna starte a huge "designer" sunglasses collection woop woop. :rolleyes: B)

Since I destroy sunglasses.. or lose them.. I'm all for fake sunglasses... I buy my sunglasses at urbn... that way they're cheap...

nay on fake or cheap sunglasses... they are bad for your eyes...

unfortunately, you don't know if the knock offs have the same full UV protection the other legit brands have. I say go with real brands but not the ones that are not as expensive such as claiborne or alfred sung from department stores. I buy those and they look as good as the 300-400dollar shades in boutiques for a fraction of the price

Well I wear prescription glasses, so I usually go for the real thing lol.

But if some of the fakes look really good...I'm not really against them. I buy both authentics and knockoffs in handbags tho, I don't discriminate lol :ninja:

yay if you dont play them off as real.
may i ask where in downtown LA is this? I might want to pick up a couple myself too. :smile:

darkintragedy said:
yay if you dont play them off as real.
may i ask where in downtown LA is this? I might want to pick up a couple myself too. :smile:

you pretty much have to explore. the place where i went to is called "the alley" b/c it's inbetween stores. the store itself isn't called "the alley"; a lot of little stands/stores make up the alley. i hope you know what this means. it's hard to explain. i'll post pictures/directions once i do visit there again. but what i do remember is that i think it was on grand st. i'm pretty sure. B)

fakes = cheaper material = breaks more easily

real = quality material = lasts much longer

husbandbeaters said:
you pretty much have to explore. the place where i went to is called "the alley" b/c it's inbetween stores. the store itself isn't called "the alley"; a lot of little stands/stores make up the alley. i hope you know what this means. it's hard to explain. i'll post pictures/directions once i do visit there again. but what i do remember is that i think it was on grand st. i'm pretty sure. B)

Thanks. I'll try to head down there on friday since i have no class. :woot:
but if i get lost, ill wait for your directions. :innocent:

I bought a pair of sunnies form a chain store before i went overseas cause i'm always sitting on/driving over/ruining my old pairs; i wore them when i went shopping and when i went into YSL, the SA smiled and said "lovely glasses."
I was confused, i had been expecting the girls to be total snobs to me, but when i got to the sunnies stand there they were, the same glasses as mine, but with YSL etched into the silver plates! I was wearing rip-off glasses and the girls didn't even notice! :blush:
It was this style. I've since seen the chain store version everywhere on the net and in markets.
Yves_Saint_Laurent_sunglasses_var_4.jpg

I would rather have the real thing (love my Dior Skis and getting Overshine 1 next week), but if i'm going to be tooting around, i love the cheap version in case i crush $300 worth of polycarbonate, nylon and metal...

Rachelle said:
fakes = cheaper material = breaks more easily

real = quality material = lasts much longer

I dont care what kind of quality materials they are... they still break when I sit on them... cheap or expensive :lol:

Was the place called "Santee Alley" ?
I was looking through virtualtourist.com and the description they gave was
"Santee Alley is the home of the knock-off Prada bag, Gucci sunglasses, YSL wallet. I got 2 "Prada" bags for $20. It also has a cool selection of non-knockoff t-shirts and other clothes. Largely for more petite people. Note that the alley is NOT for the faint-of-heart or claustrophobic. Imagine a cross between Tijuana & Calcutta, but with designer labels. You will literally not be able to move sometimes for the crush of bodies. "
hahaha. :D

Nay! Fakes are awful - be they sunglasses, handbags, shirts, et al. Buy the real deal and treat them with care :flower:

Luna said:
I dont care what kind of quality materials they are... they still break when I sit on them... cheap or expensive :lol:

lol. Totally agree...... It's just SUNGLASSES..... wear fakes if you like, i don't mind..... I'd much rather spend 5$ on sunglasses, get tired of them and buy new ones than pay 300$ for one and be full of debts.

darkintragedy said:
"Santee Alley is the home of the knock-off Prada bag, Gucci sunglasses, YSL wallet. I got 2 "Prada" bags for $20. It also has a cool selection of non-knockoff t-shirts and other clothes. Largely for more petite people. Note that the alley is NOT for the faint-of-heart or claustrophobic. Imagine a cross between Tijuana & Calcutta, but with designer labels. You will literally not be able to move sometimes for the crush of bodies. "

whoah.. I bought my illegal baby turtle there :lol: ..

Its still alive in case you are wondering.. she's 10 now :D

darkintragedy said:

yes yes yes i think it was indeed. but yeah, be prepared for major claustrophobic crushing of sweaty, human bodies. IMPORTANT ADVICE: make sure to take some kind of purse with a zipper. DO NOT take an open purse b/c some people are very, very, naughty beings. they will just grab your wallet out of your purse and you won't even notice it b/c there's just so much pushing and shoving and all this commotion going on. what sucks even more is that you won't even notice that your wallet's gone until you have to pay for the ultimate PERFECT pair of glasses you've been eyeing for God knows how long... but too bad you can't buy it b/c somebody stole your wallet. and it sucks even more b/c the glasses cost only five bucks. and it's not like you can ask the seller to put it on hold for you.. i mean, it's not f*cking nordstroms or anything. these businesses are totally based on a first-come first-serve basis. tsk tsk. cruel world.

have fun, and be careful.

Luna said:

:lol: Just be careful with them. I almost broke my gucci, which gave me a heart attack!! But it's fine now. :wink:

Im torn actually...
I dont do fakes...
but...
sunglasses are so easily lost, and for beach, camping, surfing, and other outdoor activities I do not dare take my Chanels...so I guess I like the idea of disposable sunnies that you can drop, lose, and break without crying and damning yourself is kinda comforting...

I went there today. Oh dear, how hot it was.
I kept everything in my front pockets, and it was indeed crowded. And this was on a weekday, so I cant even imagine the weekends.
They had some pretty sunglasses there, but the majority of them were obvious fakes, rather than the subtle fakes, which I was looking for.
I ended up purchasing a cheap no-name 5 dollar one. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->