Fall Shoes?

trean i checked out those YSL shoes.....they are GROSS! please dont buy them!
i wont go to mogador with you :innocent:

mens shoe report..........

fashionable = ankle boot with LONG point toe, puma boxing boots
unfashionable = prada style trainers from about 4 years ago, dead flat shoes (its all about height this season)

by the way Trean........i found AMAZING peep toe's and those PVC edge stella look-alike's in TOPSHOP.........send me money and they're yours in 3 days :wink:

i'm looking for a cute wedge boot, sort of like these tara subkoff easy spirit ones but without all the dumb lace-up business. any ideas?:flower:

Does anyone know where flats are headed? I'm not allowed to wear heels to work so I'm curious. I am sick of this chinese/morrocan beaded satin slipper thing. I never thought they were cute. I've been a mary-jane girl since I was like four y.o. Do you think mary janes will come back? (as a flat) I hope so! :flower:

I think boots are a big story for both sexes this fall. Lace-up boots seem big, round and there is a new point this season. I think a softer, more rounded pointy toes will be seem on shoes and boots this fall. Sorf of like 6o's winkle pickers. To be honest, most shoes in stores make me puke. It's becoming increasingly hard for people on a tight budget to find beautiful shoes.

Also.. Acid, do you mean the women's YSL shoes? I happen to think the shoes are very nice, especially those from the past season.-_-

Last edited by a moderator:
BCBG has a nice knee-high suede fold down version for fall. Tried to get the pic, but the website won't allow a right-click and save pic. Anyhow, you can view them at www.bcbg.com under fall 2005 RTW :flower:

pinksatin said:
Does anyone know where flats are headed? I'm not allowed to wear heels to work so I'm curious. I am sick of this chinese/morrocan beaded satin slipper thing. I never thought they were cute. I've been a mary-jane girl since I was like four y.o. Do you think mary janes will come back? (as a flat) I hope so! :flower:

YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO WEAR HEELS TO WORK?!!! :angry: :angry:

Where do you work? At many workplaces, it's just the opposite.

Yeah - that work rule is kinda crazy :wacko: Sounds like a grumpy old woman made it up :lol:

IMO, ballet flats & skimmers are always in as good flat options :flower:

Factories, some medical institutions, street law enforcement, corrections facilities, food service [kitchen staff], probably a few other places could legitimately ban heels, but beyond that, I don't see how most employers could enforce such a rule.

Those Helmut Langs are drop dead gorgeous. I dont like pointed toe boots, they're awkward now, I like that long rounded toe a-la Helmut Lang or Gucci. Ive never seen a pair of peek toe boots, Im suprised no one did that yet.

^ I'm so glad you posted that!

I've seen some of his (?) work in magazines recently and I've LOVED them all, particularly the t-straps. Where on earth do you get his designs? I've just ordered a catalog from their website, but do you know if their available online? Thanks!

Oooh, I don't know actually!
In Paris there are several boutiques plus the shoes can be found in Printemps, Galeries, etc.
When I lived in Colorado I called the store on Madison Ave. and the salesman took polaroids of all wedge styles, that's what I like, and mailed them to me with the catalog! I can't remember his name at all, he was so nice.
I only wear Kélian shoes or Clergerie, I like Free Lance too but the prices went up a lot, it is best to buy from a real shoe brand like these I think! Besides sneakers anyway. SO beautiful and they will last ten years.
I have several styles of Kélian wedge including two pairs of wedge boots, I looked in the window today actually afer I got my hair done and they had several wedge boots that I loved. Maybe I can post pictures of my wedge boots from Kélian, this is my favorite shoe brand and it is not mentioned much here!
Amanda

ETA: His name is Wilbur! At the Madison Ave. store.

Thanks so much for the information, aidadinner :flower: I'd love it if you could post some pics of the wedges!

I haven't heard of the other two brands either. I'll have to research them. Thanks again and welcome to tFS!!

^Curious, you can find a lot of Robert Clergerie's work on couture.zappos.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->