Fantastic Man Spring / Summer 2014 : Boris Becker by Juergen Teller

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
This week’s sad news of BORIS BECKER’s hospitalisation for a broken hip coincides with the exciting news of the tennis star’s appearance on the COVER of the brand new issue of Fantastic Man for Spring & Summer 2014. On said cover the German tennis legend can still be seen in full action mode, photographed by JUERGEN TELLER at WIMBLEDON’s tennis club. Obviously Mr. BECKER is currently taking a break from his latest incarnation as the world’s most recognisable coach due to his injury. But, as his candid interview with CAROLINE ROUX reveals, there’s nothing the man formerly known as “BOOM BOOM” relishes more than a challenging comeback. Hopefully he’ll be well again soon. Other interesting gentlemen featured in this issue of Fantastic Man include singer STUART MURDOCH of BELLE AND SEBASTIAN fame, CNN International broadcaster RICHARD QUEST, and Russian designer GOSHA RUBCHINSKIY. Plus: a visual and textual study of the stains that can soil the most cherished garments (entitled “WHOOPS!”) and much, much more. The magazine is currently available on the newsstands of LONDON, and will travel further afield in due course.

fantasticman.com

When I saw the thread title I got very excited, because Boris Becker can look very good and I have a soft spot for gingers. But this is an extreme disappointment. I don't like the composition of the cover and Boris looks bloated and his expression is too manic.

I love it, it's fun! I hope the colors are as nice in print!

I cannot wait for the previews!

Disappointed :(:huh:-_-

Mikel is right - he looks bloated & really bad...

I think it's fun, I like it.
I'm glad he got a serious cover for once, instead of making a fool out of himself in german tv shows.

he looks bloated, but he doesn't look that good in general these days. he doesn't age very well and it shows that he doesn't do much sports anymore.

looks like the contents aren't really relevant to my interests, so i'll probably skip this issue, but it's a great cover. it's fun and eye-catching, i love it

'SHORTS STORY'
Ph: Benjamin Alexander Huseby
Styling: Mattias Karlsson

intrepidlondon.com

I was so ready to not buy this issue, but how am I supposed to resist an editorial with Will Chalker in shorts? It's impossible.

Boris Becker by Juergen Teller

'THE PUB'
Ph: Alasdair McLellan
Styling: Jonathan Kaye

'PAINT'
Ph: Willy Vanderperre
Styling: Olivier Rizzo
Make Up: Peter Phillips

streeters.com

Last edited by a moderator:
'NECKERCHIEF'
Ph: Daniel Riera
Styling: Julian Ganio

jedroot.com

I like the fun cover :smile:
he kinda reminds me of Teller himself :lol:

'SPORT DE LUXE'
Ph: Blommers & Schumm
Styling: Jodie Barnes & Julian Ganio

mini-title.com

Thrift
Ph: Karim Sadli
Stylist: Jodie Barnes

replimited.com

Does anyone have the issue and could scan the interview of Stefano Pilati, please?

This is such a BS issue, they're trying way too hard to be quirky, bring back the elegance and leave this gimmicky crap to the dozens of other mens' magazines who lower themselves to this sort of thing on a monthly basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->