Fashion Career Focused Publications & Periodicals

kossoyan

Reaction score
I don’t know how many of us on here are in the fashion marketing sector. But I am getting into this area with my first internship starting this coming summer. I thought it would be a good idea to start reading publications such as WWD, and the Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management.

Also, I’ve picked up on the International Journal of Consumer Studies, which by the way has an interesting write up on forecasting fashion trends based on consumer emotion.

This must all sound like mumbo jumbo, but I think there is some value to it. Anyone else read these journals or recommends some readings to keep up on fashion marketing? Thanks.

not too involved with marketing so for me wwd is all i need for my daily fashion business updates

do those other Journals come with a website?

I forgot to mention you have to pay for access to any journal. Unless you are at a University, they already subscribe to loads of journals, so it's free for their students.

Thank you for the links, very interesting

sharing this link on
Fashion consumers and fashion problem recognition style
by Jane E. Workman and Cathryn M. Studak

Consumer spending over the life span of today's 18- to 25-year-old emerging adults will reach into the $10 trillion range. Emerging adults are a powerful force in shaping demand for consumer products. The problem recognition styles associated with emerging adults can help marketers understand this group of consumers and provide insight into what kinds of products, services, and messages will appeal to them as lifelong consumers. The purpose of this study was to examine differences between men and women and among fashion consumer groups in fashion problem recognition style. Participants were a convenience sample of emerging adult consumers from one Midwestern university in the US, 136 men and 158 women who completed the Measure of Fashion Innovativeness and Opinion Leadership, Fashion Problem Recognition Style Scale, and provided demographic information. Both fashion followers and men reflected a need-based approach to problem recognition. Both fashion change agents and women reflected a want-based approach to problem recognition. Male fashion followers differed from all other groups in indicating a need-based approach to problem recognition. This study built on previous work by examining differences in problem recognition style owing to fashion consumer group and gender. The basic premise behind problem recognition style was validated; that is, actual state (need-based) vs. ideal state (want-based) approaches to fashion problem recognition did relate to fashion consumer group membership and gender.

fashionwiredaily.com gives you free headlines like WWD. As for a magazine, I'm partial to Visual Merchandising and Store Display magazine (but that's because my aunt used to work there, so I'm biased on that one).

You must Read: END OF FASHION by Teri Agins
good stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
The_Jones said:
You must Read: END OF FASHION by Teri Agins
good stuff!

I've been meaning to read that!! It's just sitting on my shelf collecting dust at the moment...thanks for mentioning it!:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->