Fashion Doll -University

IAmEllie

Reaction score
I've applied to University to do a BA Fashion at 6 universities in England and have so far had one reply. I've got an interview in february and they've given me their own brief to do and bring with me.

I have to reserach a current fashion designer and produce an A2 board which illustrates what I most admire about their work (at least 12 images of which should be referenced). Based on my rsearch I have to make an outfit for a fasion doll (barbie/sindy, rag doll, wire doll, wooden artists doll) which typifies my chosen designer's work.

With having never taken fashion at school, I'm a bit unsure how to present my A2 board, and wondered if anyone could give me any tips on what they'd like to see, or what you'd do. Also any suggestions for good designers would be brilliant. They said to think carefully about which designer you choose and to avoid the obvious :ninja:

any help is much appreciated, thank you! :flower:

what type of aesthetic do you like/admire in a designer?...which designers work are you naturally drawn to? You've got to choose something you like otherwise it will be boring. (and you have to show what YOU admire!)

Concerning the board...I guess you're looking to make a mood board of the pieces that you admire, creating a good feel of the mood and philosophy of your chosen designer. Layout is key...it has to work visually

have a look at this thread:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f58/express-yourself-dont-repress-yourself-19480.html?highlight=express+repress

Where members have created moodboards expressing their own personal style.

what does it mean exactly when it says "reference" the pictures? thanks for the link by the way!

I presume it means reference them back to their original source? In an essay when you're told to reference something, you've got to give credit to where you got for example a quote, from.

Hmmm, maybe they mean that you need to use at least 12 images/photos, preexisting, like maybe runway shots of outfits or something of the sort; aside from paint/swatches/drawings/other types of images.

Couldn't you email the university and ask them exactly what they meant by that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DFA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->