Modelling OR University?

Miss-V

Reaction score
Basically not sure if this is the right way to ask, but i've been with a agency for a month and a half now. I'm in the middle of applying for universities, my agency is based in London. Should i apply for only unviersities in london so i can continue modelling but that means staying at home which i don't want to do! Or Move out of london but work only in my holidays??

HELP!

YES please apply to University, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you have the choice don't ever give up education, education is with you for life. Yes you can go to university when you're older but once you're out of the educational loop it's very hard to get back into it! BELIEVE ME! Work in your holidays, when you have free time but my advice would be to never put education second to something as frivilous as modelling - countless models regret it. I wish you all the best and all the success possible but at least enrol and see how you like it.

but i've getting so many opportunities, do i want to waste them?shhould i stay in london but then HAVE to stay at home?

^I agree with you that education is pretty much the decisive factor in life but if I were you Id probably take a semester off, pursuit modeling and give it 3 or 4 months. After that period, you can see whether the modelings paying off and whether you feel its worth putting education on hold.
Plus Id talk to your agent/agency and see what they suggest, if theyre a good agency, they will tell you if your chances arent too good in terms of a lucrative career.

London (and around) has a lot of great universities, non ?
you wanted to apply for Oxford or Cambridge ?
I'm sure it's not that far with a train.

So stay in London and take an appt. ... with roomates ...
Yr parents can give you money and you'll have some pocket money from modelling jobs.

But sincerely, the modelling jobs don't have to take the time for yr homeworks etc.
university eats a lot of time !

Since you are already with an agency, I'd give modeling a shot, you could be very successful in that, chances who knows? You have your foot in the door now, when you get older you won't have that chance in modeling as you would in school.

Just to give you an example, my cousin plays in the NFL, say he just completely stuck to school, he definitely would not be as wealthy as he is today because he made around 9 million a year, multiply that by 10 years and my cousin now is 30, and basically has enough money to last him his life, and on top of that he now is finishing what was left in college.

Go for University, definitely. An education is worth more than any Vogue cover, no matter how much you get paid. A degree lasts longer and is basically a great starting point for getting a career in what ever you want to pursue. You can always do some local modeling on the side, on holidays, weekends; the models here at the agency downtown do that and they get paid pretty well and it helps pay for their studies. It all depends on where you are located. The difference between University and modeling is that in University you can work your way through the years and expect the fruits of your labor by the time of graduation and are in control on how much you want to spend time on your academics. Modeling is very pick and choose, especially in high fashion and you never know what to expect, work wise. Alongside, modeling doesn't last forever, a degree does.
If I were you, I would apply to a University close to your agency or home. I still live at home and I love it. No extra boarding costs, comfort of home, and home cooked meals :heart:
Hope you make the decisions you feel is right!

Review the modelling offer and look at it realistically with your parents and see if its lucrative enough. If it is, you could go for it for a while then continue with ur studies after coz modelling wont wait...the look is now but if ur unsure of whats ahead, go to University. But still dont rule out uni totally even if you choose modeling, you can always continue with ur educ after as you know, modelling is not a lifetime career need something to fall back on.

^^ I sort of agree with what Limy said, school is the sure thing, modeling very risky. However, certain people are born better than others, more attractive, smarter, physically superior, born into higher class family, etc. If you ditch one or the other now your going to wonder what may have been, fortunately with the mind you always have the ability to continue in further education.

agree with this post

^I agree with you that education is pretty much the decisive factor in life but if I were you Id probably take a semester off, pursuit modeling and give it 3 or 4 months. After that period, you can see whether the modelings paying off and whether you feel its worth putting education on hold.
Plus Id talk to your agent/agency and see what they suggest, if theyre a good agency, they will tell you if your chances arent too good in terms of a lucrative career.

^^ I sort of agree with what Limy said, school is the sure thing, modeling very risky. However, certain people are born better than others, more attractive, smarter, physically superior, born into higher class family, etc. If you ditch one or the other now your going to wonder what may have been, fortunately with the mind you always have the ability to continue in further education.

the most important thing here is never to let go of ur plans to further ur education even if you become a supermodel. Dont lose focus as the fashion world can be quite blinding you dont want to end up as a 40 yr old model trying to find a rich old man to finance her older years or to pose for hustler when the money dries out..LOL

I would personally give modelling a shot even if you juts defer uni for a year and try it. I mean you're already with an agency so you must have something and if you say one year then uni you have something to fall back on if it doesn't work.

What is it you want to do your degree in? What kind of grades are you getting? From that we can give some kind of indictation on where to go?

Straight As and want to do something academic? The oxford tube is super quick? And the London redbricks are some of the best in the world (and UOL give you accommodation first year regardless to whether you live in london or not)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->