Fashion Fringe Contest

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
:woot: thats for acid and all UK designers-in-the-making :flower:

Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs, Alexander McQueen, Domenico Dolce, Stefano Gabbana and Miuccia Prada are among the top industry players who will offer budding British designers the chance to become an overnight success. All have agreed to sit on the international advisory committee for Fashion Fringe, a new contest open to Britain-based designers. Set up in January, the contest is open to anyone working in Britain who has not shown his or her collection publicly before. The grand prize is :shock: $180,000. “Although London fashion has generally been considered innovative, young designers have often failed because of lack of experience and technical knowledge,” said Colin McDowell, Fashion Fringe’s founder and creative director on Wednesday. In June, four finalists will be chosen by the committee, which also includes Zac Posen, Franco Pené, John Galliano, Anna Wintour and Rose Marie Bravo. Each finalist will receive $18,000 to buy materials and accessories for a September runway show, when the winner will be selected.

i hope there is still time to enroll , go for it guys :flower:

article from wwd

First impression that jumped at me: Zac Poser...I mean Posen, is totally out-classed, out-shone, out-qualified, out-talented by just about everyone else in the committee. He does NOT belong there. :innocent:

Second impression: That's a juicy grand prize. :P

Why is Galliano not in bold I wonder?

Other than that it sounds like a great idea...seems to have some clout behind it as well...

Originally posted by Lena+Apr 22nd, 2004 - 9:39 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Apr 22nd, 2004 - 9:39 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-seditionary@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 12:28 pm
:cry: :cry: :cry:
:shock: why? :unsure: [/b][/quote]
1) no time
2) too late to enter now (read abt this ages ago....)
3) wish i had time, n had entered

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 10:51 pm
Why is Galliano not in bold I wonder?

:P

have our eyes open, maybe you can make it next season sedi :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back