Fashion Show Venues

^ Hotel Salomon de Rothschild and Hotel Ritz in Paris are among them :flower:

Dior Fall/Winter 2013

I'm guessing it's inspired by Anish Kapoor's Tall Tree and the Eye (2009)

twitter/britishvogue - terminartors.com

The set: Chanel FW 13
chanel-fall-winter-2013-14-ready-to-wear-show-decor.jpg

from Chanel.com via pohan

Jil Sander (Womenswear) - Fall 2013

bCFWe07.jpg

JILSANDER.COM

Hermès (Womenswear) - Fall 2013

The show was held in the library of the Lycée Henri-IV in Paris.

meiObj0.jpg

TWITTER.COM/wilhelminamodels

I don't understand the purpose of that globe, it just makes no sense and it looks cheap. The flooring only would have sufficed.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I agree, the set was a disappointment this season. I get that it was supposed to symbolize Chanel's global market (wasn't it :ermm: ) but I was expecting something exciting to happen like the globe opening to reveal models inside them and so on :neutral:

The set that I really want to see pictures of and understand how it all worked is of Louis Vuitton. Where did the models come from before coming out of the doors? :blink: It was the most fascinating set this season.

Dries van Noten S/S 2005 :heart:
Production: Etienne Russo

fat1te.jpg
2iw7pkp.jpg

To celebrate his 50th fashion show designer, Dries von Noten staged a magnificent display of munificence, a dinner for 300 in a giant disused factor, where one 150 yard long table, over which hung more than 100 crystal chandeliers turned into a dazzling runway for dessert.

“I always had this fantasy of having a really good dinner party with a whole bunch of friends where beautiful girls suddenly appear and walk all over the table in a fashion show. Tonight we did it!” a quietly happy Van Noten told FWD.

The designer hired Etienne Russo to organize the soiree and the party meister responded with a brilliant display. Each guest had their own waiter, which made for wonderful image, worthy of Von Stroheim or Welles, of an endless double line of servers advancing in formation through the enormous, rusty machinery infested Babock & Wilcox plant, located in an industrial quarter of north Paris.

And, hang it all, the food was excellent. Supplied by the Brussels caterers Loriers, the main course of white fish and steamed vegetables served in a paper would have put a smile on the faces of Lucullus or Escoffier. Nor did Dries skimp on the wine, like the Bastide rouge that brought a smile to the lips. Our host even served the phalanx of some 100 photographers’ excellent fare. No wonder they sang through the show.

Right after the main course, the chandeliers were winched up and the show began.[...]

fwd

contemporaryfashion.net, pf.nl, stylebistro.com

The set that I really want to see pictures of and understand how it all worked is of Louis Vuitton. Where did the models come from before coming out of the doors? :blink: It was the most fascinating set this season.

I loved it too, behind each door was a film being played that was shot by Ruth Hogben styled by Anders Soelvsten Thomsen.

I thought the simplicity of the Givenchy set was fantastic, considering it was so simple you could sense a hard edge on the atmosphere yet it felt quite intimate possibly due to the live soundtrack of Antony and the Johnsons and the Heritage Orchestra, I did prefer the Menswear version of the set with the candles bordering the models pathway.

Christian Dior Resort 2014

Port Hercule, Montecarlo, Monaco.

Instagram/Grazia Live · Twitter/InStyle UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Prada SS2014 Menswear

designscene.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stopright