5- Lanvin

YSL
Hermes
Lanvin
Chloe
Marc Jacobs
Giorgio Armani

Spike413 said:
I have to add Givenchy to my list, I've only seen one shot, but it's gorgeous.
There probably is only one shot. I think they have a very small ads budget for the moment.

^ don't know which one you've seen... pic form Givenchy.com
givenchy1gu.jpg

i have to say this has turned out to be the most lackluster season of ads in a loonng time cause i always go crazy at this time and go out and pay airflight prices on mags just to see them up close and this season...nothing, there wasn't one campaign that i was excited by. but some solid ones are:

Hermes: probably my favourite campaign of the season, as always superior layout design and graphics and text great composition and movement.

Missoni: Bianca is perfect for this, all the earthiness really gives it a lot of sexiness and warmth, which reminds me a lot of s/s 2002 with gisele actually.

YSL: its actually perfect for ysl...really taps into those seedy streets of paris by night set of aesthetics helmut newton helped to create. maybe its based on that photograph by newton of that androgynous model with her hair slicked back in a le smoking smoking in a dim cobblestone lane?

giorgio armani: its actually quite impressive in print...its not particularly new or interesting but i just like the lighting and the composition and the subtle qualities like the warm tone.

Fall 2005 Ads.....

love::heart:

DKNY - Brad Kroenig is HOT

Donna Karan - who is she? Her face is creepily beautiful!

Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise - Valentina is undoubtedly the most Commercialy Beautiful model!

Roberto Cavalli - love it!

Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans - Kate,Gisele and Daria, what more can I say?

St John - Ms Gisele again!

Kate was severely Elongated for Gloria Venderbilt Jeans, Don't you think?

Gisele

PussyLee said:
love::heart:

DKNY - Brad Kroenig is HOT

Donna Karan - who is she? Her face is creepily beautiful!

Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise - Valentina is undoubtedly the most Commercialy Beautiful model!

Roberto Cavalli - love it!

Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans - Kate,Gisele and Daria, what more can I say?

St John - Ms Gisele again!

Gisele looks stunning for St John.

PussyLee said:
Kate was severely Elongated for Gloria Venderbilt Jeans, Don't you think?

That's what I was thinking. But did they really do that? She looks the same height as Gisele and Daria, but then again I guess you could say they are slightly 'folded' since they're sticking their one hip out, so maybe that's why they appear shorter?

The girl in Donna Karan is Bianca Balti, no?

Kate does look elongated. But the most elongated ad ever has to go to MaxMara fragrence- that's just unrealistically long, especially for Louise...

TN_MaxMara_2004.jpg

From Images de Parfum

I love everything kate's featured in, hehe... and this season's Alberta Ferretti and also armani, but more because of erin.
I don't like YSL, though they have Daria in it...

The ads for this season are not very inspiring...lots of horrible models, and horrible poses/photography...Eugenia Volodina and Nataliya seemed to have botched their ads...as well as Melissa Haro for Guess...another disaster. I also do not like Daria's ads...and even the venerable Fernanda Tavares looks bad in her ads as well...

That said, here are my faves:
!. Bianca Balti for Donna Karan Collection: here she looks positively ethereal. It's def the best of the bunch...including her other ads...The Missoni one specially makes her look to alien like and doesnt accentuate her more sensual features...Her gaze is mesmerizing in the DK ad.....the missoni is too colorful, takes away form her face...the Dk's ad muted colors really bring out her dark features and the shades accentuating her facial structure.

2. Erin Wasson in Giorgio Armani and Michael Kors. Can the girl take a bad picture? (well, the maybelline ads do look awful, but then again they did airbrush the hell out of her face). Erin's definitely up there with Bianca in the pouty, sexy, dangerously fierce face category. Definitely a winner. (Jessica Vandersteen is also looking stunning, in the same leage as erin and bianca, and i'd like to see her doing more work...her editorial in Marie Claire with John Stamos was spectacular.)

3. Mystery blonde in Ports 1961. I cannot fot he life of me figure out who this girl is. In profile she looks incredibly fragile and ethereal. When i saw he rface in the ads running on US Vogue I almost fell off my chair ...Her beauty is that stunning. I am convinced she is the same mystery blonde in the much fabled "Neo-Mod" editorial in Elle. I am also convinced she is an already known mod with bleached blonde hair.

4. Anja Rubik in Emanuel Ungaro and Neiman Marcus. Blonde locks definitely have turnd this average waifish mod into a knockout...her facial features are definetely well served by the lighter hair. This mod actually looks good without the quirky features or horrible posing commonplace in other better known models., Is finally getting all the work she deserves after languishing for years with Next models...

5. Finally...Kate Moss in everything!!! Kate has finally matured into a gorgeous, stunning specimen...she definitely has outgrown her late 90's waifish look, and her face has aged beautifully. Her facial features are not so well served in her Rimmel work, although I think she very much deserves her beauty contract. Her lingerie work in the Joop! spots has her looking better than a lot other mods in lingerie ads. One only needs to look at her Burberry spot, walking down the street in a slim, well fitting trench, to understand why she is an icon. As for the "new Kates"...Mona Johannesson and Rosie Huntington may be hailed as such, and Kate definitely wishes she looked as good as they do now when she was a teen, but they definitely lack the one of a kind allure that made the whole fashion world drop their amazonian beauties like tatiana patitz, et. al, and embrace a whole new fashion ideal.

In an honorable mention, ha ha, I am liking Iselin Steiro in her Just Cavalli ads...at first I hated her, but I am commong around to recognizing her allure. She, more than Rosie and Mona, def has "Next Kate" appeal. Ditto for Maria Dvirnik, another unusual beauty.

And to close, Id like to mention the worst ad campaign of the season: Eugenia Volodina for Eres. She is definiely not a "body" model. Whoever thought she's look good in lingerie must have had a gun pointed at him. Although Eres has featured quirky mods in the past, it has never, to may knowledge, feature a model so out of shape as Eugenia looks in their ads...I remember going to their little shop in soho next to the chanel boutique and seeing a huge blow up picture of Hannelore in their lingerie...I am loathe to think such an over size image of Eugenia will be grazing their store walls...lets hope they do some airbrushing first...

Favorites:

1. Tod's w/ Polina
2. Strenesse w/ Diana Dondoe by Mario Sorrentti
3. Alberta Ferretti w/ Shannon Click by Steven Klein
4. Chanel w/ Daria Werbowy by Karl Lagerfeld
5. Jil Sander w/ Freja
6. Lanvin w/ Lily Donaldson by Steven Meisel
7. Miu Miu w/ Evan Rachel Wood by Inez & Vindoo
8. Hermes w/ Raquel Zimmermann by Solve Sundsbo

The Worst:
Donna Karan, BCBG, Carolina Herrera, Chloe, MaxMara, Missoni, Valentino

Last edited by a moderator:
OriginalSin said:
ck with natalia v...i think these may be my favorite ck ads with her yet
chanel...tho i'm not daria's biggest fan i think these ads are lovely
roberto cavalli...i cant put my finger on why but i really love these ads
maxmara with hana soukupova

dont like: ysl w/daria...just too bright and distracting for me to even enjoy the clothes

i also like the tod's ads with polina :heart:

My Favourites :flower:

In no particular order.

* Alberta Ferretti

* Miu Miu

* Stella Mccartney

* Givenchy

* Lanvin

* Donna Karan

* J Mendel

* Chanel

* Missoni