Feathers

Betty Boop

Reaction score
I made this accessorie for the hair (don't know what they are called in english, like a small comb)

made from amason, sun conure and lovebird feathers
minni1.JPG

in my hair
minni9.JPG

Here's the sun conure Gloinn, some of the small feathers are from him (no I did NOT pull them out, they came naturaly)
minni10.JPG

here's me trying to put it in but it takes a good hair stylist to put it in without messing up my hair so I had to stick it in my ponytail :P
minni8.JPG

I've allways loved feathers, I made a pin with two black and white feathers but I gave it to a friend. I like feather accessories but I allways try not to wear too much, one feathery accesorie is enough. :smile: I also have a full bag of parrot feathers and I'm trying to make something from them B)

iI lvoe feather so mcuh, i think tehy amke wodnerful hair acessories.

I think it is very beautiful. You have a good eye for color.

When I was a teenager, I made some dangly feather earrings from cast-off parakeet feathers that my grandma's bird moulted. They were very pretty and so light that I hardly noticed when I was wearing them. I also made a pair out of the ringed tips of a couple of peacock feathers, and I used to collect feathers when our hens were moulting and use them as hat trim. One of my uncles kept pea-fowl and he would give my mom and sister and me huge boquets of peacock train feathers whenever we would visit him. We had some neigbors who kept guinea fowl for a while, which have lovely grey feathers with tiny white polkadots, but they got rid of the guineas because they are very noisy and they poop a lot.

My mom collected a large box of pheasant feathers off of a male pheasant that had been killed by a car (she got to him before he started to rot) and found the better part of a wild turkey's castoffs last spring. If you have any friends or family who live out in the country, ask them to keep an eye out for windfall feathers off of their farm poultry or from the wildlife in the area.

Chickens that provide showy feathers include Yokohoma roosters (very long, curvy, irridescent black tailfeathers, colorful, scalloped auburn and blonde feathers on the body), Barred Rocks (grey and white striped feathers) and Auroconas, who have yellow, black, auburn, and white scalloped feathers.

Hahaha, I'm wearing feather earrings right now! They're pink and black with a tinge of green. I actually bought them from a street vendor rather than making them...but never mind. :innocent: I love to use feathers as decorations and accessories.

Meh .... just a flash in the pan. Cute, but not "fashion". Plus, it's been done before ... many times before and it lasts just a season then it's gone. Nothing new or exciting here.

I am personally sick of seeing cheap feather accessories in bright, fake colors everywhere I go. I like the look of feathers in more of a native american sort of way, if that makes sense. I have a feather hair clip and a small pair of earrings but they are both natural colors and pretty versatile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->