Feria Hi-lift Browns

Discussion in 'Hair Care' started by urbanamy, Apr 16, 2004.

1. urbanamy

urbanamy New Member

Have anyone tried Feria Hi-lift Browns for dark hair yet? I'd love to hear a review because I'm thinking of doing it. I'm tired of my current color and want to try something new without leaving the brunette color family. I really like the Downtown Brown, which is a light cool brown. Any takers?

2. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

Wait what? Is it like shampoo? :unsure:

3. vintage_princess

vintage_princess Adorable illusion

Im not completely sure if its the same one, but a few weeks ago i dyed my hair with a L'oreal hair dye that was brown. It said that it made even the darkest of hair colors lighter so i thought i would give it a try.
    I left it on for an hour (way longer than your meant to) and there was a subtle change in my hair color. In my opinion, you should go to a good salon instead of doing it yourself :flower:

4. urbanamy

urbanamy New Member

Thanks. It's a new dye by Feria, Nixon. I just wanted to go a medium golden brown from my natural color, that's all. You said it makes no difference so I'll find another way. I hate it when they advertise and fool millions of people in buying something that may or may not work. :blink:

5. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

I can't speak from personal experience, but Feria isn't supposed to be all that great to begin with, quite drying in fact.

L'Oreal has also just introduced a range of brown dyes for its Preference line (if you live in the States, you might have seen the television ad, featuring Indian actress/ former Miss World Aishwarya Rai). Anyway, the Preference dye is also supposed to "lift" brown shades. Kind of strange that L'Oreal just put out two versions of the same thing, no? :innocent:

6. pointup

pointup living in the sprawl

I've heard garnier fructis 100% color is good.. but I would never dye my hair at home ..too scared!

7. urbanamy

urbanamy New Member

Oh yea I agree. L'Oreal produces Feria AND Superior Preference. It's weird they're making same thing in two lines. I don't know why they would do that...unless they seek double profits? I sometimes have to ignore the marketing hype because not all dyes are created equal. I think I'm better off doing what I've done in the past with success rather than putting all hopes in a bottle. :blink:

8. banana

banana New Member

Because Feria is geared to a younger market who like to experiment with different haircolours and Preference is more for those trying to cover grey. I think Garnier makes the best drugstore dyes though.