Fernanda Ly

Gorgeous. I'm aware that she's of Chinese origin, not Japanese, but I can't help but feel she is the embodiment of kawaii. Lovely.

Louis Vuitton F/W 2015.16 Paris (exclusive) HQs

after the show

dnamodels, style, stylebistro, fashionmag

I'm curious to see what they have planned for Fernanda, this whole bubblegum pop look is cool and seems to be working in her favor.

^i like her but that bubblegum look isn't for me and i don't think she'll change the hair color
hope this exclusivity was a one time thing and we get So Ra back

twomanagement, dnamodels, dmanagementgroup, theones2watch

Chanel Resort 2015
10838573_866237260075132_1701532368_n.jpg

928739_359743990864283_211853089_n.jpg

instagram - @warukatta

I'm still not sold if there's much here beyond the pink hair gimmick...

I want to like her but she looks SO "commercial"... Hope she does something more edgy to change my mind.

Newly published mini-article via Vogue Australia:

Fernanda Ly (a.k.a. the model with pink hair at Louis Vuitton) on walking her first Paris show and how she looks after her hair.

BY ZARA WONG
16 TH MAR 2015

We first caught sight of Australian model Fernanda Ly last year at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia. Since then, she’s been an under-the-radar favourite - from being a special guest during Vogue Fashion’s Night Out to making cameos on our Instagram account. So it was a form of validation to see Ly being featured as an exclusive model for Louis Vuitton’s latest autumn/winter ’15/’16 show in Paris. Here, she chats to Vogue about the experience. And yes, she gets asked about her hair. A lot.

When did you first hear that you were booked for the Louis Vuitton show?

“First thing in the morning when I checked my emails (still laying in bed, half asleep). I took a screen shot to prove it wasn’t a dream.”

What was it like working with Nicolas Ghesquière?

“It was definitely an experience to remember. He was always so enthusiastic and overall amazing to work with.”
What did you think of the look you wore in the show?
“Cosy! If only fur coats were suitable in Australian weather...The trunks are also calling my name...”

What would you have been if you weren't a model?

“Desperate to travel and lacking the opportunity.”

What did you do in Paris during your down time?

“I had a little time here and there. Hunting down shops that sold flower shaped gelato with Lara Carter was perhaps the most memorable! Seeing an unobscured Eiffel Tower glittering at night from the balcony of the Australian embassy comes as a close second.”

How do you maintain your hair?

“Patience and continuous upkeep! I would probably be bald if I didn't take care of my hair. In terms of colour however, I mix my hair dye into a bottle of conditioner to maintain it. I highly recommend anyone with unnatural colours do this!”

Do you ever get tired of being asked about your hair?

“I have developed an automatic reply to almost all hair-related questions.”

Were you interested in fashion before modelling?

“Yes, particularly street fashion. It’s something I have always held an interest in.”

What have you learnt from modelling so far?

“Three things: 1) Models work much harder than you realise and the work itself isn't as easy as it is made out to be. 2) Everyone is very serious about their work. It’s an art, so even the smallest details are fussed over. And 3) It isn't a good idea to interrupt a stylist with an iron too close to your scalp or eye lash curlers near your eyes.”
vogue.com/au

Curious to see what happens as well. I think there's something.

instagram/warukatta

Louis Vuitton 'Ladies in the Bath' Lookbook F/W 2015
Ph: Juergen Teller

vogue.it

I just think the makeup at LV was rather unflattering on her. Which I probably didn't quite recognized her despite the pink hair.

Much prefer her look (lesser makeup) in OP, where I originally was intrigued by her.

Anyway she's cute, gorge, stylish and fun - see whether she has those chops. Good luck! :magic:

Who’s That Girl? Meet Fernanda Hin Lin Ly, the Pink-Haired Model Who Stole the Louis Vuitton Show by LIANA SATENSTEIN
As model Fernanda Hin Lin Ly leans against a Pepto pink backdrop in SoHo on a recent Monday afternoon, a pair of passersby stroll past and crane their necks—twice. The bubbly Australian beauty had better get used to it: She inspired a similar double-take reaction last week when she walked the Louis Vuitton runway in Paris, where her rose-colored hair set her apart instantly from a sea of leggy blonde and brunette counterparts, prompting a “who’s that girl?” refrain amongst showgoers seated inside Nicolas Ghesquière’s hypermodern set.

As it turns out, there were no pre-show trips to the salon or last-minute gimmicks leading up to Ly’s statement-making debut at the fashion house’s fall show. The eighteen-year-old model has always taken her hair into her own hands. “I was fifteen when I started [dyeing it]. I did it because I felt like it,” says Ly of experimenting with her color, which has gone through several shocking shade changes. Most recently, “I tried to go to blonde, and it came out copper. It was a disgusting orange, so I dyed it red, and slowly made it lighter and lighter,” says Ly, who has also been through variations of lavender, silver, blue, dark blue, and countless gradations of ombré. A few years back, she bought a bottle of pink hair dye, which, she recalls, inspired “a shake of disapproval from my mother—but the damage was done!”

That game-changing decision eventually led to Ly being spotted in a Sydney shopping center at the age of sixteen. Soon after, “I sent my photos in [to an agency], and now I’m here,” says the model, who was on holiday early last week “when I received a call to go to Paris the next day for Louis Vuitton.”
Now back in New York for a few months, her look is attracting its fair share of attention—but it doesn’t draw any stares back home. As an architecture student at the University of Technology in Sydney, “there are a bunch of us with weird hair,” she says of her classmates, adding that, if anything, “it’s odd to have normal hair.”

So what’s the upkeep for her particular shade of watercolor pink? It’s easier than you think: Ly’s favorite products include Redken’s All Soft shampoo, daily conditioner, and hydrating mask. As for the dye she uses to get her exact color, she recommends Manic Panic’s Cotton Candy Pink, which was bright at first, but has naturally faded into a seafoam variation of the shade. To maintain the integrity of the color, she washes it every third day. And while some girls her age may dream of snapping up the white shearling polar bear coat she wore down the Vuitton runway come fall, Ly is more likely to be plotting her next above-the-neck transformation. “Everyone else saves up to buy clothes—but I buy hair dye,” she admits with a smile. With dedication like that, we’ll can’t wait to see what turn her neon-toned strands will take next.
vogue.com
ph. Kathy Lo

marekandassociates.com, vogue.com

That article did nothing but talk about her hair when she's more than just another model with pink hair.

FINAL SHOWLIST - FALL/WINTER 2015
OPENED|CLOSED: 0|0
TOTAL SHOWS: 1

New York: -

London: -

Milan: -

Paris:
  1. Louis Vuitton (world-wide exclusive)

So happy for her that she landed that Louis Vuitton exclusive^_^. She was definitely a standout:P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->