Ferragamo F/W 2024.25 Milan

Besides the styling this is rather good. It's what Gucci and Burberry aspire but can't deliver.

Looks like Burberry chilled down and gone to Italy, and I am not mad as I loved that one too. A lot of Phoebe, Lee and Loewe by JWA. Visually I love this, but seeing in person or somewhere, I may confuse it with something else. Very desirable though.

Ok, lots of cool references here and there...but where are the Ferragamo references here??

The colours in this are just absolutely gorgeous! He's certainly started to wise up and become more intuitive with his skill set and what he needs to work on. He excels far better with F/W than S/S that's for sure. I also don't mind the belts/straps, just not this much of them.

There's a lot of beautiful things in this, and I think it is his best collection thus far, but it is all still a bit random. Again, this is also an instance where the co-ed presentation just causes things to drag and I also think it detracts focus. I wouldn't mind certain looks being thought out more with some being removed, or a set being used as a follow up collection to really push it further.

Now, that dress on Paloma... Last season was also a complete dud on her. Although I do think the all black satin pieces should have been omitted because they are a bit cheap looking. The closing look is also a bit meh. Should have done a long dress of the sequin to really close off on a high note.

starting off, this is a great shade of green! it's not putrid, thank goodness.

the beginning was not that bad; i can see why some thought it look MK-ish or old bottega-ish, but it was good for what it was - certainly not terrible, awful, or horrid. it was okay. who consistently looked great was the men, which puzzled me. perhaps menswear is more his speed than womenswear. i wouldn't mind seeing him taking over LV men than pharell.

there were two delicious dresses that caught my eye, if he made a collection based on those looks, then he would've had a stunner. still, i don't see his signature nor that of the house. he's still getting there, but it doesn't seem as though he's any closer than he was last season. he has not fallen off, yet has not gained any ground.

I absolutely loved this. What a classy and sophisticated take, with just the right mix of intrigue and commercially viable options.

I’m very keen to see what MD will bring moving forward, this is a big step in the right direction.

slightly less interesting than his previous collections but still with good ideas.

he continues to be on the right path and h is definitely one of the designers I want to see what will do next.

Loved this collection, did not think it was "confused" as others have described here.
The palette was beautiful sequenced, the design lines were clean, and the concepts were clear. To those citing it was "all over the place" -- most fashion today HAS to be interseasonal due to global warming and extreme weather impacts. The collection gave a wide ranged offering which likely confused those who are more narrow viewed, as oppose to bigger picture. Max Davis is giving Ferragamo a real voice this time; BFFR Ferragamo was mostly known for its shoes. It's other label offerings were not as popularized; and in the era of Bottega Boys and other more storied labels who have clearer brand identity, Max is creating a worthy and notable approach to refining signatures to build this label up.

I loved it. I really enjoy Max as a creative, for work he does here, and past works before this.
All this to say, sit back and see how the voice evolves, how the house is revived for the long game, not just this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyemeritus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->