Ferragamo S/S 2024 Milan

I’ve bought the Eva pumps and it’s one of the pair of shoes I have received the most compliments for…
So I guess, he must be doing something great.

‘I think the collection becomes really interesting after the sequined minidress. I really like the Caftans, the dresses that moved beautifully and I think the white blouse with the long skirt is one of the best look of the season.

He is consistent even if he hasn’t managed to define a Ferragamo look yet. It’s identifiable on influencers paid to wear the full look but really on it own…

I've just seen that this show was styled by Carlos Nazario. Are they going to change the stylist every season now? Because while I still think the clothes are solid, it's not a sustainable direction.

Maybe I’m super fatigued but everything shown is so similar. You could literally have this collection at Jil bottega whatever brand. Again these stiff volumes. Big flaps flapping around. Tricks with colors that don’t work (because great color takes a Master).

color as an identity is extremely hard, the fact that it’s everywhere gives us a clue who’s pushing the industry.

there’s a complete lack of creativity and design work, all these garments are redundant, we already have this stuff in our closets from when Celine did it best.

these clothes carry no culture or value beyond their nametag and value as an object.

Next.

Last season, I was like ok he has something cooking. I was into it… but this. I feel like it can be whatever brand riding on Phoebe philo’s collections.

And I don’t like the fact that he gave up the red so early to go for the green.

Very antithetical to the slightly decadent and sexy look of his past collections for this brand, we’re back to the nameless, sexless and bourgeois world of beige-everything that many Italian brands inhabit. A total disappointment!

Italian Coach

The collection has nothing to do with fashion. Its just a means to sell bags and shoes.

Being so late to green is smart since the ferragamo customer is a slow mover and very conservative. Theyd only want green after its an established trend and like proven.

The one strap multizip bag is the same as a reissued bag dolce just did Spring 23. The dolce bag has two straps though.

Last edited:
It's definitely lighter and more wearable than his previous collections. Still needs editing as some ideas seem completely disconnected from others. Some male suits looked very good and some bags as well.
It was ok just not super exciting I guess

I love this, because its wearable and unpretentiously ready to wear but like someone said, these brands are all starting to look the same, maybe they are following trends instead of setting them.

I never understand why they cast a plus size model to make them look bad. Regardless if it's virtue signaling could you try harder...

I love her dress apart from that leather collar that makes her look like she has no neck which is especially bad considering she's one of the models with a much shorter neck.

I love this, because its wearable and unpretentiously ready to wear but like someone said, these brands are all starting to look the same, maybe they are following trends instead of setting them.
The brands that standout are the ones that have a distinctive look no matter what.
I think Ferragamo can exist in that space because I truly think that despite Maximilian’s efforts, it will never be more than a leather goods brand doing clothes than a fashion brand per sey. It’s at their advantage in a way…

‘People go to Cavalli for RTW or shoes at best. Nobody goes there for a bag…Whereas at Ferragamo, you go for the bag, the shoes and can be surprised by the RTW.

The brands that standout are the ones that have a distinctive look no matter what.
I think Ferragamo can exist in that space because I truly think that despite Maximilian’s efforts, it will never be more than a leather goods brand doing clothes than a fashion brand per sey. It’s at their advantage in a way…

‘People go to Cavalli for RTW or shoes at best. Nobody goes there for a bag…Whereas at Ferragamo, you go for the bag, the shoes and can be surprised by the RTW.
I think that they could take advantage on that. Shoes are an important part of Ferragamo's heritage so they should focus on creating eye-catching shoes (especially women's heels) along with a line of leather goods that will bring attention and support for the house. The ready-to-wear can veer a bit more conservative and classical, instead serving a smaller, more loyal clientele than the leather goods and shoes.

I think that they could take advantage on that. Shoes are an important part of Ferragamo's heritage so they should focus on creating eye-catching shoes (especially women's heels) along with a line of leather goods that will bring attention and support for the house. The ready-to-wear can veer a bit more conservative and classical, instead serving a smaller, more loyal clientele than the leather goods and shoes.
And that’s exactly what he is doing…Now that his vision is now seen across all the product offering, it makes more sense than during the Paul Andrew years.

I think that people loves Maximilian, wants him to succeed but there’s some kind of disproportion between the reactions on social media and the reality. And I like the RTW, particularly the printed pieces, even from his prefall.

It’s not a collection and neither a brand that is shifting fashion or that has some sort of big fashion relevance anyway, as much as I like it.

I saw a bunch of influencers and paid people wearing this. In stores I definitely saw a young crowd being interested in this but we can’t put it on the same level as Bottega Veneta currently.

There is no direction in this collection.
Woody green is soooooo 2019 and at the moment so boring and predictable.
Boring,uninspiring and even music is terrible

Maximilian: breathe a little, break out. Chillax…

Chic and controlled — perhaps too much so?

Some questionable patchwork placements that feel almost gynaecological. Très odd.

The easy haute chicery of the white one-sleeved blouse (such a peculiar concept, I must say) with the black fluid pant… now we are cooking with gas. Perhaps put the foot on it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blipster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->