Flaunt Magazine February 2024 : Cindy Crawford by Greg Swales

I don´t know what they´ve done to her face (try to make her look like Kaia, maybe?) but this is not what I was expeting when I clicked on the thread and gotta say, I really like it.

I don´t know what they´ve done to her face (try to make her look like Kaia, maybe?)...

Exactly my thoughts! On the first look, I could swear it is Kaia...

Okay, the preview is much more acceptable and Cindy looks much more like THE Cindy! The problem is obviously with the wig/hair extensions (plus, the much lighter shade of it, than we used to) because - unlike Linda, of example! - in the 40 years of her career, she has hardly experimented with her hair length and/or colour.

Photography: Greg Swales
Styling: Mui-Hai Chu
Hair: Dimitris Giannetos
Make-up: Harold James
Model: Cindy Crawford

SfcekDQj_o.jpg
HI5mGF1O_o.jpg
9r4g46T8_o.jpg
ANP2obx9_o.jpg
setTKm8h_o.jpg

instagram.com/CindyCrawford/

I gotta say, despite the cover bearing no resemblance to her, I do feel like this is the first shoot she's done in a long while where it feels like THE CINDY CRAWFORD. Wasn't she just on Bazaar Singapore sporting similar hair/styling? But somehow that fell flat and this just pops in a way that reminds me of the magic she used to possess in the 90s.

Beautiful photography. Cindy looks Hot!

Actually, on the third look (and seeing photos in UHQ resolution for the first time!) I completely changed my mind. Cindy looks AMAZING, and kudos to her consistency and persistence when it comes to daily workouts - which is not easy at all, I can tell you first hand! - and the diet.

Overall good but she doesn’t really look like herself, doesn’t even look like Kaia in my opinion.

They either RETOUCHED her to death or she has lost some weight or diet but yeah she seems soooo different from her usual self. Especially after seeing her previous cover for Harper's Bazaar Singapore.

Having said that, the woman in the photos looks AMAZING !!!

Love it! Shes on a roll they finally know how to capture her essence which is more natural and sexy girl next door than the high fashion they were trying to squeeze her into. This and her Bazaar cover are giving 90s Cindy.

She is and has always been so vulgar. The Monica Bellucci of models.

Interesting you find her vulgar… Such an impression would mean she would have had to illicit a strong reaction from the masses in some capacity. And I’ve always found her too bland— to the point of vacant, to have had made such an impression LOL Thus understandably why she was so successful as a phenomenon.

As a fashion model, she’s less successful— a least less successfully convincing. When placed alongside the likes of Yasmeen, Beverly Peele, Veronica Webb and Christy, it’s clear how painfully one-note Cindy is, both as a runway and print model. But this sort of classic, wholesome American Western aesthetic suits her very well here. And that’s Greg doing most of the heavylifting— and heavy, but skilled retouching here. Her face has been softened in a way that she does look great, like the AI-lovechild of Penelope Cruz + Jennifer Lopez (…maybe that’s why @Zorka loves it so…). It’s the best she’s been rendered since her return.

Interesting you find her vulgar… Such an impression would mean she would have had to illicit a strong reaction from the masses in some capacity. And I’ve always found her too bland— to the point of vacant, to have had made such an impression
This actually does make sense in terms of us saying this. You see her as somewhat closer to vacant, otherwise put more available to the mass appeal, however vulgar is not far from this. We do have "vulgarizer, vulgarization" en français not for nothing, signifying dumbing down and simplifying complexity to be more accessible after all!

While the image suits her well and is her trope, the Americana, I do agree also that it is very one note for her. Dare I say I am even surprised when people praise Cindy, who has looked and done the same for decades, and then criticize any other current model doing the same thing they may excel at after some time. But her lucky being included in the supers group made her almost immune to that, unfortunately. Unbound yasss-queenism of Linda and Meisel continues here as well, albeit more deserved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->