Ford to Return?

liberty33r1b

Reaction score
from vogue.co.uk:

spacer.gif
Tom Ford and Domenico de Sole are collaborating again – and it's on a design project "unrelated to fashion". Although Ford was unwilling to reveal many details of the project in a recent interview with Women's Wear Daily, he did drop this titbit: "I am working on some things that have nothing to do with ready-to-wear, and I’m not ready to announce anything." One thing Ford was rather more positive about was the fact that an Italian press report this week saying that he was to return to fashion for spring 2006, possibly in partnership with Aeffe for women and Zegna for men, "is absolutely, completely 150 percent untrue – and I’m not lying." He went on: "I have never met with anyone from Aeffe. I have never talked with anyone from Aeffe. It is unfounded and untrue." But team Ford/de Sole is, it seems, still going strong post-Gucci: "I can’t say that I miss him, because I see him all the time," says Ford, "We talk all the time, and we e-mail constantly — we’ve both learned how to do it." Ford also confirmed: "If I re-enter fashion, it would only be with Domenico," adding: "I have to say I miss fashion a lot. I miss designing. I love it. I miss the rush. I didn’t think I would, so it just proves how turned off and tired I was." (January 12 2005, AM)

:flower:

hmmm.....not really sure what to do with that. Didn't really get anything out of it, thanks for the article liberty.

mikeijames said:
is that versace i see in the crosshairs?

Could be, I mean it has nothing to do with fashion so..:huh:

tom

tom was spotted over the holidays checking out the madison avenue gucci store...sounds like his affiliation with De Sole is not over....

Last edited by a moderator:
Could it be Haute Couture? But then again, it has nothing to do with fashion. I'm totally interested because I love Tom Ford. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
At Versace possibly? But then again, I doubt that seriously. I can't wait until what they're doing is revealed. :ninja:

here's what was in today's WWD:

Tom and Dom, Act Two

By Bridget Foley

NEW YORK — A Tom and Dom return engagement? It could happen sooner rather than later.

In a phone interview from his Los Angeles office, Tom Ford on Tuesday acknowledged that he is working on a design project unrelated to fashion, and that he’s doing so in collaboration with Domenico De Sole.

Ford was unwilling to reveal details of the project other than to say, “absolutely, Domenico and I are involved in discussions together.”

He did, however, shed some light on what the concept is not. “I am working on some things that have nothing to do with ready-to-wear, and I’m not ready to announce anything.”

Ford insisted that an Italian press report Tuesday heralding his and De Sole’s return to fashion for spring 2006, possibly in partnership with Aeffe for women’s and Zegna for men’s, “is absolutely, completely 150 percent untrue — and I’m not lying.

“I have never met with anyone from Aeffe. I have never talked with anyone from Aeffe,” Ford continued. “It is unfounded and untrue.” Aeffe officials also denied the report in the Italian papers.

Ford would not comment on rumors that De Sole has a consulting deal with the Zegna family.

That said, Ford and De Sole are again in cahoots. And apparently, there have been plenty of opportunities to discuss things. “I can’t say that I miss him, because I see him all the time,” Ford noted of his once, and possibly future, partner. “We talk all the time, and we e-mail constantly — we’ve both learned how to do it.”

The two got together as recently as last week, and will meet up in Aspen, Colo., next week for a ski trip.

While Ford would not divulge a timetable for an announcement, he conceded that when and if a new Ford-De Sole project goes public, it may be just the prelude. “If I reenter fashion, it would only be with Domenico,” he said. “I have to say I miss fashion a lot. I miss designing. I love it. I miss the rush. I didn’t think I would, so it just proves how turned off and tired I was.”

But ever the provocateur, Ford threw out a caveat du mode: “I do miss it, but I have no intention of returning and doing it in the same way.”

maybe it's home fashions...or maybe it's a hotel...lots of designers are doing hotels lately it seems...:flower:

what happened to ..."i want to direct?"...

softgrey said:
maybe it's home fashions...or maybe it's a hotel...lots of designers are doing hotels lately it seems...:flower:

That's a good point...and it's not related to ready to wear but involves design. Great detective work softgrey:wink:

softgrey said:

ditto, i bet it has to do with decoration, its so much safer -and clever- of Tom to stay away from fashion ..at least for the moment :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->