Fragrance recommendations

fashionista-ta

Reaction score
Well, I'm searching for a new floral fragrance, and I'm going nuts ... thought you guys might have some suggestions for me.

I just finished my second bottle of Chanel Gardenia, and I'm ready for a change. Two challenges ... my skin is very warm, so fragrances tend to be really bold on me, and ... I'm very picky--most scents do not smell good to me. As an example of the first challenge, I like the way Prada smells, but on me it goes all PATCHOULI.

The other things I wear right now are Poison and Alfred Sung Encore. In the past I have worn YSL Paris, White Linen, Fracas, Annick Goutal gardenia and perhaps others, Beautiful ... waaaay back in the day I remember wearing Muguet du Bois, and Avon's rose scent :blush: I'm kind of looking for a fairly pure floral fragrance as I feel that may be my best bet.

So I have been trying a million and one current fragrances, and striking out. The two I had been thinking about were Kate Spade and Michael Kors, neither of which worked for me. Kate Spade was an instant no, and Kors' tuberose developed into much too much on me.

I have liked the new Prada Tendre on others, and I was thinking of going back to Annick Goutal ... any ideas for me? :flower:

Oh, I know how you feel! I've been looking for something for myself too.

Have you tried anything from L'Occitane? I think they have some florals.

I'm currently using my second bottle of Viktor&Rolf- Flowerbomb. Can't get enough of it!! Most definitely worth $150 per bottle :wink:
I think it's absolutely perfect for summer nights

Top notes: tea and bergamot
Middle notes: Sambac jasmine, orchid, freesia, rose
Base note: patchouli

I also recommend the Missoni fragrances which come in various different scents
Radiant yellows: Italian bergamot, nespolo, magnolia petals
Magenta pinks: Peonies, dewy rose
Intense oranges: Mandarin, bitter orange, kaki
Chocolate browns: gianduia chocolate, amber

And also there are the lovely Armani Code, Eternity Summer, and Hanae Mori that im hoping to buy.

Hope this helped :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
what about fracas? it's a classic -- it's very strong so a little goes a long way but it is definitely a floral

If you like Fracas and Chanel's Gardenia, you might try Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower. It's very much tuberose, but rather dry compared to Fracas or especially the Michael Kors' scent--not nearly as sweet, a pure floral, and no patchouli.

Rose Ikebana by Hermès is a very nice, pretty pure rose scent, available at select Hermès stores around the world. It's 150 € for a 100 ml bottle of edt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone ... you guys are so much more helpful than the fragrance dept staff I've spoken with, as I suspected you might be :flower: I have sprinkled a bit of karma around ... :flower:

L'Occitane is a great idea, and they have a couple of boutiques here. Their fragrances: http://usa.loccitane.com/product/category.asp?type=Usage&parentCategory=usg%5FFragrance&categoryName=usg%5Ffr%5FEauDeToilette&Sort=1

I haven't tried Flowerbomb on, will have to do that.

Was just reading a review of Carnal Flower based on mellowdrama's recommendation, and I see that Juicy Fruit, my childhood favorite, was one of his inspirations :lol: Looks like Barney's carries it ... they're going to reopen here in the fall ... hurry hurry hurry ...

Not sure if the Hermes boutique here has fragrance ... may have to check.

definitely Eternity by CK.... But also Allure and Chance by Chanel :smile:

Yeah, I definitely recommend CK Eternity Summer!
Almost every fragrance, I guess, used the same base note, so after the top is gone, they'll be really much the same. And this smell's not good on me, EXCEPT CK's ES. Ck's fragrance are known to be quite short-lasting, but ES is OK for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->