Gabrielle Greiss leaves Sonia Rykiel

BerlinRocks

Reaction score
Sorry ....

PARIS (AFP) — La styliste Gabrielle Greiss, chargée depuis fin 2007 de la ligne de prêt-à-porter féminin Sonia Rykiel, a quitté la maison Rykiel et ne sera pas remplacée, a-t-on appris mercredi auprès de la griffe.
"Nous nous sommes séparées d'un commun accord à l'issue du défilé", début mars, de la collection Sonia Rykiel pour l'hiver prochain, a déclaré à l'AFP Nathalie Rykiel, présidente et directrice artistique du groupe.
La ligne Sonia Rykiel sera désormais dessinée par un studio de création, sous la supervision de Nathalie Rykiel et de sa mère Sonia, fondatrice de la griffe, comme c'est déjà le cas pour la seconde ligne de prêt-à-porter féminin de la marque, Sonia by Sonia Rykiel.
"Ce n'est pas une solution temporaire", a précisé Nathalie Rykiel. "Je crois beaucoup au travail d'équipe, à l'émulation qui peut se créer entre les gens. La formule d'un studio répond complètement à ce que la mode va devenir et doit devenir, à ce qui se passe aujourd'hui dans le monde et à l'identité très particulière de la maison Sonia Rykiel", a-t-elle ajouté.
Gabrielle Greiss, diplômée de la Central Saint Martin's School de Londres, a collaboré avec le studio Sonia Rykiel à partir de 2002. Elle est devenue en 2005 le bras droit de Sonia Rykiel avant d'être nommée directrice de la création de la ligne Sonia Rykiel fin 2007. Elle s'était formée notamment auprès d'Albert Elbaz chez Lanvin et de Martine Sitbon.

I only found this ....

They will now design with a studio ... The collection will be then overviewed by Nathalie and Sonia ...

The designer Gabrielle Greiss, charged since the end of 2007 with the line of female ready-made clothes Sonia Rykiel, left the Rykiel house and will not be replaced, one learned Wednesday near the claw. " We separated d' a common agreement with l' exit of the défilé" , at the beginning of March, of the collection Sonia Rykiel for l' next winter, declared with l' AFP Nathalie Rykiel, president and artistic director of the group. The line Sonia Rykiel from now on will be drawn by a studio of creation, under the supervision of Nathalie Rykiel and her mother Sonia, founder of the claw, like c' is already the case for the second line of female ready-made clothes of the mark, Sonia by Sonia Rykiel. " This n' is not a solution temporaire" , Nathalie Rykiel specified. " I believe much in work d' equip, with l' emulation which can be created between people. The formula d' a studio completely answers so that the fashion will become and must become, with what occurs aujourd' today in the world and with l' very particular identity of the house Sonia Rykiel" , she added. Gabrielle Greiss, graduate of the Holy Exchange Martin' S School of London, collaborated with the studio Sonia Rykiel as from 2002. It became in 2005 the right-hand man of Sonia Rykiel before d' to be named a director of the creation of the line Sonia Rykiel at the end of 2007. It s' auprès d' was formed in particular; Albert Elbaz at Lanvin and of Martine Sitbon.

babelfish translation

so that's why sonia rykiel has been so good the last years! i had completely forgotten. i always enjoyed gabrielle when she did strenesse.

omg,you know what i just realised...i confused greiss with strehle. sorry,disregard the strenesse comment. anyway,she still did lovely work for sonia nevertheless.

I loved her rykiel collections...

especially s/s 08 was sooo freakin good

so, if im not mistaken, she worked on the fall/winter 09 collection to make it her last, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->