Gaspard Ulliel

It's funny, I think he looks his age as well, but I feel like he looks exactly the same that he did at 18. Maybe he looked old then, ha!
it’s like the smile/shape of his face that will always make him look youthful..

I must’ve evolved (or the opposite :lol:) in terms of taste but I don’t find him attractive anymore, partly looks but also.. that hair and that French “cool” dad/Ellen Degeneres style.. the ultra clean sneakers with a suit and the suit with a t-shirt, bet a random scarf is added when on the street.. I can’t..

The all black look at the premiere :wub::heart: I can't...

Chanel And Madame Figaro Honor The Festival Of American Cinema

1570025107-gaspard-ulliel-chanel-madame-figaro-honor-hodosby-cq3l.jpg

'Joker' Premiere At Cinema UGC Normandy In Paris

1570025120-gaspard-ulliel-joker-premiere-cinema-ugc-normandy-m-or-bby8isl.jpg

zimbio.com

Not sure why I clicked on the thread, mostly surprised it came up on the recent posts.

I actually gasped when I read the caption. May he rest in peace.

I also remember him fondly as Yves, even if I liked the film with Pierre Niney a little more (mainly because of the better ensemble cast). I still can't really grasp it...

Still in disbelief.. and ‘ok but they’re still working on reviving him right?’ level of denial. Wow. So sad.. feel bad for his partner and kid…

Still in disbelief.. and ‘ok but they’re still working on reviving him right?’ level of denial. Wow. So sad.. feel bad for his partner and kid…
Yeah, that's the kind of response I had when Philip Seymour Hoffman died as well. Utter disbelief.

What a loss.

He was a very fine actor but a discreet man, which made me like him even more. In interviews he came off as nice, quiet and unpretentious. It's so sad that he died at such a young age.

If you're planning to watch movies of Gaspard in the next few days, maybe you'll be particularly interested in The Princesse of Montpensier as it won a César for best costume design (it is set in the 16th century). I think I'll watch It's Only the End of the World since he was praised for it. It's hard to believe we won't get to see him grow older on screen.

So heartbreaking, this thread was quite active in TFS heyday, it's how I first came to know of him. RIP beautiful, Gaspard -- always seemed so unaffected by it all.

^ this thread was mayhem back in the day! I mustered the energy to browse through the first 40 pages and it's exclusively a bunch of girls fawning over a baby-faced actor (of course at the time I thought he was fully developed when.. neither Gaspard or any of the participants here really were :lol:).

My memory may be failing me considering I was pretty dedicated to this thread but I was surprised by the mention of the scar in one of the articles about his passing.. I only ever registered it as the cutest dimple in show business, never really wondered why it was only on one side.

I also completely forgot he walked for Dior Homme early in his career..

gaspard_ulliel_1176131028.jpg

[the source pretty much summarizes this thread in the mid 00s lol: teenidols4you.com]

Like Fantomette says, there was always something quiet about him that added to the initial attraction but that, as his career unfolded, made him more interesting as an actor.. he didn't seem consumed or dominated by his craft and leaves a filmography that seems mostly built out of affection for the characters rather than a challenge as an actor, controversy, or milking looks hoping for huge commercial success..

Such a tragedy, and such a freakish accident. I photographed him once, on the red carpet, for the Saint Laurent premiere in New York.
He was so beautiful, and courteous that night. I felt all flustered, like a teenage girl, lol. Bertrand Bonello was cool as well, and I love Saint Laurent.
That film is criminally underrated, and although I also like the Pierre Niney film, Gaspard gave his Yves a visceral sensuality I appreciated more.
May he rest in piece.:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->