Gen Art 04 Finalists

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
050404_7.jpg

beautiful jacket by Ruth Wilson.

THE FASHION SHOWDOWN: Gen Art’s fashion competition Styles 2004 has narrowed down 650 contestants to a field of 30. With its runway walkoff slated for May 18 at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York, a Gen Art spokeswoman said the organization has lined up a panel of judges, including Patricia Field, Shoshanna Gruss, Kimora Lee Simmons, Kal Ruttenstein and Julie Gilhart, who will review looks by the finalists in a runway show and determine the recipients of $35,000 in prize money.

The finalists for eveningwear are Martin Lim, Natalie Anne, My Phuong, Catherine Leung and Michael Kaye; for accessories, Nicole Landaw Jewelry, Thickskin, C Label, Gretchen Julius Jewelry and I. Ronni Kappos Jewelry; for ready-to-wear, Lim, Katie Zorn, Mackage, Jerr Beck and Ruth Wilson; for men’s wear, Dimmer/D’Vrsi, Oliver Helden, Morgan d’Alessandro, Egami and Kapadia, and for avant-garde, Wilson Tjuatja Widjaja, Selma Karaca, Dragovoja Van Horn, Sculpt Messyah and Plie. In a special category sponsored by Perrier, which includes a $10,000 grant to the winner, nominees are Melesa D. Lorett, Angela Theresa Kettler,, Christiane Manthey, Sonia Agostino and Jay McCarroll.

from wwd :flower:

I like that jacket myself. If that's the jist of the entire collection she could have also been nomed for avant-garde.

Anymore pics from the other nominees?

thats all i've found in wwd scott :P

thank you Lena for the article.

Selma Karaca

I love that first Karaca skirt and shoes. The shoes sort of have a 'cast' feel to them but I like that (I am a fan of VPL who have a sort of medical feel to a lot of their clothes).

Not bad. I like the way she plays with the concept of the corset. Even in the denim stuff,nothing appears like a generic play on the fabric.

the short boots are great but i'm not taken by her mix&match :(

she ha stalent, but she needs some work

i like it though.

Originally posted by mehg@May 9th, 2004 - 3:46 am
I love that first Karaca skirt and shoes. The shoes sort of have a 'cast' feel to them but I like that (I am a fan of VPL who have a sort of medical feel to a lot of their clothes).
I should have posted this.

04.jpg

Oliver Helden

shot05.jpg

shot06.jpg

shot10.jpg

hmmm oliver Helden's work seems very well tailored , thanks runner :flower:

thank you ignitioned32、
Martin Lim's work seems to be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads