Geometry Lessons S/S 09

saann

I don't know
Reaction score
looked around style.com and found this:P

Call it living in 3-D. This season, designers indulged their urge to bend, fold, twist, and otherwise manipulate fabric in ever bolder (and bigger) ways. Sleeves at Dolce & Gabbana evoked Minnie Mouse ears, while the dresses at Calvin Klein gave new meaning to the term boxy. Even Oscar de la Renta experimented with the trend, whipping up skirts with a permanent kick ruffle above one knee.
- style.com

Alexander McQueen | Andy & Debb
001m.jpg
002m.jpg

Balenciaga | Calvin Klein
003m.jpg
004m.jpg

Christian Lacroix | Christopher Kane
005m.jpg
006m.jpg

style.com

Comme des Garcons | Dolce & Gabbana
007m.jpg
008m.jpg

Erdem | Fendi
009m.jpg
010m.jpg

Giambattista Valli | Kai Kuhne
011m.jpg
143m.jpg

style.com

Karl Lagerfeld | Lanvin
012m.jpg
013m.jpg

Marchesa | Moschino
014m.jpg
015m.jpg

Oscar de la Renta | Preen
017m.jpg
018m.jpg

style.com

Proenza Schouler | Salvatore Ferragamo
019m.jpg
020m.jpg

Stella McCartney | Viktor & Rolf
021m.jpg
022m.jpg

style.com

Although there's a lot I maybe wouldn't wear personally, the cut and construction intrigues me. A few years back when these styles were around before, I tried quite a few on in Harvey Nicks. It wasn't so much that I wanted to buy them, more to closely examine the construction and (take notes) in the privacy of the changing room.

^I know what you mean, I appreciate a lot of this but I would never ever try any of these myself

and a lot of these looks can look ridiculous off runway/editorials

Although there's a lot I maybe wouldn't wear personally, the cut and construction intrigues me. A few years back when these styles were around before, I tried quite a few on in Harvey Nicks. It wasn't so much that I wanted to buy them, more to closely examine the construction and (take notes) in the privacy of the changing room.
so you were able to figure out what was going on inside the garment? :P some of these, it's totally the type of fabric creating the shape, like the one by christopher kane..and then some are using a quite delicate fabric, so there must be some type of stiffener inside or even wire (ex. for the hem of the Preen ruffles).. i assume most of the time they do a lining? so the stiffener inside isn't visible... which is kind of too bad. :D i think i was reading for Calvin Klein it wasn't just the fabric but also the way it was stitched and maybe they were using a heavy thread. it's so interesting!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->