George Clooney's "best friend" dies

christina126

Reaction score
His pet pig of 19 years died. Here's a BBC article.

Clooney mourns death of his pig
Hollywood star George Clooney is in mourning for his beloved pot-bellied pig, Max.

The 300lb animal, which shared the actor's home, and sometimes his bed, for 18 years, died peacefully on Friday of "natural causes".
"I was really surprised, because he's been a big part of my life," the Ocean's 11 star told USA Today.
Clooney, 45, added that he had no plans to replace the pet. "I think Max covered all my pig needs," he said.
Max often accompanied Clooney on film sets, and the actor joked he had enjoyed "the longest relationship of my life" with the animal.
The film star, recently named the sexiest man alive by US magazine People, lost another pet - his bulldog, Bud - earlier this year.
"It has been a bad year for my pets," he said. "It's strange how animals become a big part of your family. They really become a big issue with you."
Max, who had arthritis and was partially blind, was reported to have died in the British press last year, prompting the actor to issue a denial.
Earlier this year Clooney took the pig for a flight in John Travolta's private jet, declaring afterwards that Max "absolutely loved it".

aww

awww :( :(

I would love to have a pig! They are so incredibly smart and sweet...

RIP Max... :heart:

Pigs are smarter than horses and dogs. And uglier too. Cute animals, though. I cannot eat pig at all. It doesn't taste good, and I don't like the idea of eating someone smarter than my dog.

that's sad, but i really don't think we need to hear when every celebrity pet dies.

That's oddly precious - to envision his pet pig. :lol:

I do agree with you lunabella - we don't really need to hear about dead pets from the press. Although, really, I don't really care to hear about the weird details of certain overexposed celbrities either.

George clooney's such a good guy. hope he is fairing well. RIP max!

George Clooney is such totally arrogant. I can believe the best he can do for a friend is a pig.

When I first read the title of this thread I thought I'd come in here and give my condolences, completely bypassing the quotes around best friend. When I found out it was his pet pig I couldn't help but laugh. I didn't even know he had a pet pig?!? I love this man so...RIP Max :flower:.

style_savy said:
George Clooney is such totally arrogant. I can believe the best he can do for a friend is a pig.

Better than a scientologist, right? :innocent:

*sniff* Awwwww! But I mean...it's a pig. Doesn't he have more friends than that since he's famous???

I find it really sad. Losing a pet is so difficult, at my house pets are members of the family. And damn, that was a big pig. I think it was supposed to be a pot belly but turned out to be a full sized pig. Pigs are very intelligent animals and can be trained just like dogs. I'd love a pet pig. Then again there are a lot of animals I'd like to have, I'll have to get a farm when I'm older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->