armani09.jpg

armani11.jpg

armani13.jpg

armani16.jpg

armani18.jpg

armani21.jpg

armani19.jpg

armani24.jpg

GIORGIO ARMANI has a new lease of life . I don't care just HOW many say that he is passe , these are clothes to WEAR and feel GREAT in , not fancy dress , to pull , in some sleazy night club . :blush:

As per usual , this has not taken on the forum list , but at least it's here . :rolleyes:

I agree, very basic and wearable Armani. No annoying little details that mess up the purity, like there has been a lot of earlier seasons. Nice, muted colours.

GIORGIO ARMANI has a new lease of life . I don't care just HOW many say that he is passe , these are clothes to WEAR and feel GREAT in , not fancy dress , to pull , in some sleazy night club . :blush:

Photos by courtesy of Modaonline.it :flower:

My apologies for forgetting . :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's alright but to me it just looks sloppy.

dior4ever said:
i dont like ir eithe its kinda of hippie/sloopy/chic :P

Mais le chic d'ARMANI , c'est decontracte , n'est pas ?
Je n'aime pas du tout le travesti , comme les vetements hommes de Galliano ou , peut -etre , de DSQUARED2 , a l'ete . :rolleyes:

Armani might not be "tre cool" but his clothes does look good and is very wearable, he's good at what he does. I agree with Kit.

Jacque Marcel said:
Armani might not be "tre cool" but his clothes does look good and is very wearable, he's good at what he does. I agree with Kit.

Merci beaucoup , Monsieur Marcel . :heart:

I think it's exactly like kit put it up there. I actually quite like the kind of baggy feeling to the pants. We saw it too at Emporio Armani and I liked it there too. At Emporio, there was just more of that detailing, whilst here it indeed is more about good basics.

Classic Armani....it all looks very pulled together but there's always an element of comfort to the clothes.

It's alright. But the purple trench and the last look are awful.

i recongize armani as luxury, but NOT FASHION at all...

I agree with Spike, classic Armani. I don't know. I absolutely hate it as far as MY tastes go. I guess for loyal Armani clients it's a good collection. Just not my thing.

AlexN said:
It's alright. But the purple trench and the last look are awful.
Armani tried too hard to be "high fashion" with the purple trench.

I was reading what Armani said in WWD and he's really insane, he was saying that he didnt/doesnt only do suits (In response to the criticism of his F/W 05) he could have fooled me. :rolleyes:

thanks for the photos kit...:flower:
have to say i'm not into the whole slouchy italian thing...

just doesn't do it for me...:ninja:

GIORGIO ARMANI : Make that our Mani .

From Fashion Wire Daily .

By Godfrey Deeny

Maybe we should call the latest Giorgio Armani men’s collection Our Mani – mani being Italian for hands, like the pair that graced the program of his latest show.

The collection, staged Thursday afternoon in his custom-made, Tadao Ando designed headquarters in south Milan was all about Armani’s impressive ability to cut, shape and invent new jacket shapes. The results were all the more impressive given that Armani celebrated 70 last year, yet seems to have more ideas about how to re-invent the jacket than any designer or tailor in Italy.

In a sense, Giorgio has been doing this for years – he was the first designer to put men into the quintessential woman’s fabric, crepe, and the first to completely de-construct the jacket by throwing away interior shoulder pads.

For spring-summer 2006, Armani revamped this garment, shortening it by several inches, trimming the hips to elongate the silhouette and using saddle shoulders and peak lapels to lighten the line. Using lots of single buttons the jackets had pure lines and just that right amount of newness. They pretty well all looked great on the models and you could see them working flatteringly on lesser mortals.

With fashion seasons moving along so quickly and new talents coming out of nowhere in an instant, it is often hard to remember what makes for really good fashion moments: solid and spectacular design. Here, is where grande Giorgio comes into play this season because he knows to do just that. With this collection he brought to life the best memories we have about Armani men’s wear.

Armani also has an uncanny ability to attract the right sort of people into his design team. Whoever suggested the materials for this show, has a great eye: seersucker dyed in burgundy, micro weave Prince of Wales checks or zigzag plays. Even the mono-color was spot on; there was a battleship gray metallic linen suit that you knew would look great on thousands of guys, and even the odd relative.

Paired with fabric shoes, collar shirts and second-skin leather dusters, the collection was excellent – making up for a rather predictable casting and tired soundtrack of old standards.

But give the sheer quality of the clothes, one had no other choice at show’s end than to raise one’s hands, like those on the program, high in applause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->