Give Me Your Fashion Hungry-NYT editorial

DosViolines

far from home...
Reaction score
I guess it's to honor new york style. It is afterall the 9/11 anniversary

from nytimes.com

[size=-1]Photographs by KAREN COLLINS[/size]
A dash of plaid. A pinch of asymmetry. Six designers, from Ireland to Israel, stir the New York style pot.

11style.slide1.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][size=-1]Karen Collins[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][size=-1]ROLAND MOURET: Roland Mouret is from Lourdes in the South of France, and made his first pilgrimage to New York City in September 2004 to show his spring collection. "My style is a mix of the English quirkiness, French sensuality and the American laid-back elegance." Roland Mouret Prince of Wales plaid dress, $1,670. At Louis Boston.

[/size][/font]
11style.slide2.jpg

spacer.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][size=-1]ZERO: Maria Cornejo was born in Chile, grew up in England and moved to Paris, but has called New York home since 1996. "New York is such a great city - full of possibilities. Where you come from is less important than what you do when you get here."[/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][size=-1]Zero Maria Cornejo bomber jacket, $805, knit dress, $255, and kilt, $475. At Barneys New York and Zero Maria Cornejo, 225 Mott Street. Ninh Wysocan necklace.
[/size][/font]

11style.slide3.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][size=-1]AS FOUR: They hail from Lebanon (Gabi), Russia (Ange) and Israel (Adi), but their collective style could only come together in New York. "For us it is the best city on the earth, the center of the world. Our clothes fit the best here and everywhere else."[/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][size=-1]As Four: velvet dress, $1,777.77. See [email protected] to special order.
[/size][/font]

11style.slide4.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][size=-1]Karen Collins
[/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][size=-1]LUELLA: "The English have a love affair with New York, and vice versa," says Luella Bartley, who has lived in London since she was 18 but began showing her collection here in 2002. "I like bringing Britishness - horses, aristo-eccentricity and London history, from punk to ska, to New York Fashion Week. My collections always have a nod toward music and youth scenes, so New York has a wealth of inspiration for me."[/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][size=-1]Luella blouse, show piece only, and silk pin-tucked skirt, $820. Skirt and similarly styled blouses at Saks Fifth Avenue and Nordstrom stores. Luella purse. Christian Louboutin shoes.
[/size][/font]

11style.slide5.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][size=-1]Karen Collins
[/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][size=-1]DARYL K: Originally from Dublin, Ireland, Daryl Kerrigan first came to New York in 1983, and returned permanently in 1986 to seek her fashion fortune. "My clothes are born and bred on the streets of NYC. It was NYC, its music, art, people and its old-school original street style that inspired me to create Daryl K."[/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][size=-1]Daryl K sheepskin coat, $4,350, brocade mini dress, $650, and leggings, $240. At Daryl K, 21 Bond Street.[/size][/font]

11style.slide6.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][size=-1]BOUDICCA: Boudicca designers Zowie Broach and Brian Kirkby fell right into step with the New York City vibe when they came over from London last February to show their fall collection - "so fitting for the streets photographed by Stieglitz, walked by Duchamp, challenged by Salinger; and that is just a part of the history that echoes around us and makes us part of who we are today."[/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][size=-1]Boudicca repeated collar shirt, $650, and asymmetrical wrap skirt, $1,450. At Barneys New York. Boudicca boots.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][size=-1]Fashion assistant: Suzanne Karotkin. Hair: Kevin Mancuso at Eiji Salon NYC. Makeup: Rie Omoto for Dior. Model: Malin. Boat: The Shearwater from Shearwater Sailing - Manhattan By Sail! Location Company: Urban NYC.[/size][/font]

spacer.gif

thanks dos...
who is the fashion editor please?...

:heart: it!!! Nice photography.. Nice garment Designs... Love the Shoes too! :flower:

thanks for posting this, violines.
i love the photography:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oreo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->