Givenchy Uomo S/S 05

ebowleg

Reaction score
Here is Ozwald...
capt.par10807051435.france_fashion_par108.jpg

and a look from the collection...
capt.par10707051452.france_fashion_par107.jpg

not too bad at all, kitchsy i know, but i like the face painting effect :ninja:

From what's posted so far: this isn't fashion - it's Savile Row...

Originally posted by Lena@Jul 5th, 2004 - 6:08 pm
not too bad at all, kitchsy i know, but i like the face painting effect :ninja:
Yes, as if there's is omething being projected on a wall by a beamer and he's standing in front of it...looks cool!

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jul 5th, 2004 - 12:00 pm
i like savile row :ninja:

Originally posted by brian+Jul 5th, 2004 - 8:10 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brian @ Jul 5th, 2004 - 8:10 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PrinceOfCats@Jul 5th, 2004 - 12:00 pm
i like savile row :ninja: [/b][/quote]
:wink: :flower:

i'd love to see more from this,
is this a debut for Givenchy Homme & Oswald B.? :unsure:

Paris men's fashion: happy endings at YSL, Givenchy

PARIS (AFP) - Men's fashion week came to a happy ending in Paris when Stefano Pilati embraced the legacy of Yves Saint Laurent and Ozwald Boateng made a sharp debut at Givenchy with a wink to the label's past.

At Givenchy, Boateng reconciled the house's past and present with a wink and a nod, starring in a cartoon film that was part old-school, part manga to explain how a London tailor found himself in a Paris couture house.

Surrounded by hundreds of women dressed in couture gowns, the 36-year-old British designer says at one point in the film: "I understood that you can't fight history, you just have to go with it."

For the house's first-ever menswear catwalk show since creating Givenchy Homme in 1973, Boateng tried to define the wardrobe of the quintessential "French gentleman", one that would make women swoon.

The answer could be a light gray flannel redingote over a double-collared shirt and denim trousers. Jaunty print caps -- a caricature of the Parisian man -- were worn with flair, especially when they complemented shirts.

Boateng put his Savile Row training on display with crisp pinstripe suits, but offered up a bit of whimsy with a lilac sweater over raspberry trousers.

Originally posted by brian+Jul 5th, 2004 - 2:10 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brian @ Jul 5th, 2004 - 2:10 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PrinceOfCats@Jul 5th, 2004 - 12:00 pm
i like savile row :ninja: [/b][/quote]
I like Savile Row too...but I can go to Savile Row itself and not pay Givenchy prices...

Givenchy: Secret Agent Slick
By Godfrey Deeny
July 05, 2004 @ 1:35 PM - Paris

Ozwald Boateng, who made his debut as creative director of men’s wear chez Givenchy, has the reputation of being a better showman than designer, an opinion borne out by his opening collection for the house presented this afternoon in Paris.

However, leaving out the video stunts and wow-look-at-me attitude when Boateng took his curtain call, in 20 snappy minutes this designer breathed a big fresh lung full of life into a label whose men’s wear had been moribund for years.

Boateng also proved he is more than a one trick pony. His own signature label is clearly targeted at the customer who wants Savile Row with a twist; the collection he designed for Givenchy was a neat and coherent blend of French style, London tailoring and quirky humor.

Ozwald opened with a lovely egomaniac video. Shot like a Manga comic and scripted as a Secret Agent flick, the short ironically recounted his hiring by Givenchy and research through its archives – which involved running past thousands of gals in looks by the grand Hubert.

The actual clothes for spring-summer 2005 were anything but revolutionary and surprisingly squarely cut for a tailor who opened his own Savile Row store several years back. But the collection did contain plenty of items that editors will happily shoot and customers should enjoy.

The inverted double collar shirts were excellent as were the cotton/linen redingotes and jackets with matching patches. Plus Ozwald’s take on the mercerized raincoat, two-tone (beige leather and canvas) shoes and natty dress shirts in stripes with bibs in micro check were all admirable. One should not make reviews personal, but I have to say that this was the first Givenchy men’s collection in a decade that I could imagine wearing.

The designer was honored by the presence of Bernard Arnault, president of LVMH, the giant conglomerate that owns over a dozen fashion houses, including Givenchy. In truth, Givenchy while profitable overall when one includes its scents has been something of a Bermuda Triangle for designers, running through three celebrated British talents in their women’s department since its founder Hubert de Givenchy left in the late nineties.

Today, however, the house, or at least its menswear division, flew out of the clouds and seemed to know in what direction it was heading.

from fwd :flower:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats+Jul 5th, 2004 - 4:50 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PrinceOfCats @ Jul 5th, 2004 - 4:50 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by brian@Jul 5th, 2004 - 2:10 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-PrinceOfCats
@Jul 5th, 2004 - 12:00 pm

i like savile row :ninja:
I like Savile Row too...but I can go to Savile Row itself and not pay Givenchy prices... [/b][/quote]
very true!
more is to be expected from a house like givenchy...

well guys, take it easy, this is the first Givenchy menswear collection ever and we havent even seen enough pictures yet :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->