Goldfrapp

found this article which further explains the tracklisting and its concept-

Goldfrapp release their stunningly beautiful new album Tales Of Us through Mute on September 10th, 2013. Their sixth album, Tales Of Us is written and produced by band members Alison Goldfrapp and Will Gregory and was recorded at their studio in the English countryside.

A sumptuous body of work, Tales Of Us has been two years in the crafting and is their most narrative, cinematic and intimate recording to date. Nothing in their accomplished back catalogue has hinted at the new lyrical breadth that the band have introduced to Tales Of Us. All the songs except for one are named in the first person with a cast list of evocative character sketches, the contrary love affairs, the suspense, hallucinations, fairy tales and modern folklores documented and the traces of redemption they find in song take the poetry of Goldfrapp’s delicately considered music somewhere brand new.

A trailer for the album offers the first chance to get a glimpse of Tales Of Us and can be seen at www.goldfrapp.com. Collaborating with the uniquely cinematic narrative, filmmaker Lisa Gunning is creating a compelling and beautiful film to accompany the album, which will be shown in cinemas later this year.

Goldfrapp kick-start a summer of very special live performances with two shows at the Manchester International Festival on July 17th and 18th when they will be performing Tales Of Us live for the very first time, accompanied by the Royal Northern College of Music string orchestra. The band will then be performing at Somerset House on July 20th before going on to headline the Lovebox main stage on Sunday July 21st.

The summer shows are a precursor to a European headline tour in October and November. US tour dates to be announced shortly. For all ticket information please visit www.goldfrapp.com

Tales Of Uswill be available from September 10th on CD, vinyl, digital and a special limited edition boxset that will contain an exclusive disc of bonus material and a hardback book compiled by Goldfrapp, further details to follow.

The album is available for pre-order on iTunes now.

*substreammusicpress.com

Last edited by a moderator:
the first single-drew!!

really excited they've returned to their lush,cinematic inclinations. getting real vibes of francoise hardy and morricone. sounds stronger than what i heard from seventh tree and could be their best since FM??

what's so great about this is,although some of their more experimental elements aren't present,you do hear a return to a pronounced presence of sweeping arrangements....particularly strings and bass drum. a lot of people say seventh tree but for me that album was more pared down in a folky way than all the sumptuous decadence we experienced on FM. i do hope to hear more of their electronic elements....the fizzier vintage analogue stuff,that is.....come forth as the album plays through.

the short film for annabel which will be their first official single off the album-

http://www.nowness.com/day/2013/9/2/3294/goldfrapp--annabel

it's about a young boy exploring gender identity....feeling a kinship toward feminine things and being trapped behind social standards of identity so he creates this little haven in the wilderness to express himself. it's really moving and the song is equally as stunning. it's so great to hear goldfrapp back on this level and frankly listening to this second track is quickly affirming my belief that this is their best record since FM.

i watched an interview with tricky recently where he said that allison was acting like a diva when they recorded together - thats too bad.

however in the same interview he apologised for his own grouchy behaviour over the years as it was caused by an illness of some sort.

seventh tree was a bit sleepy for my taste. hopefully the new album will be more peppy.

well when they first broke out alison and will,alison in interviews was often asked about that experience and she pretty much conveyed the same sentiment that he was much the grouch and that she would often stand up to him. also she has said that sometimes he seemed more concerned about certain habits than making a tune and that would irritate alison. i think his behaviour is also part of the reason for the demise of he and martina topley-bird's relationship.

anyway goldfrapp certainly moved away from the synthy stuff that everybody under the sun has tried to replicate(thank heavens) and more toward the cinematic inclinations from the first album. the first couple tracks though have that melancholy and intimacy but not quite as claustrophobic as FM. apparently they've been listening to a lot of scott walker(as per usual),francoise hardy,leonard cohen and nick drake for this album.

Last edited by a moderator:
you guys,they have the full album streaming on spotify if anybody wants an early preview before it releases next week.

so far i am in love with thea....reminds me of the lounge-y,atmospheric days of electronic music or so-called "trip-hop" in the late 90's and early 00's. laurel is quite intoxicating as well,sort of reminiscent of the subdued nature of horse tears mixed with a little kick inside-era kate bush. stranger has a very morricone feel about....even brought back the whistle for that. simone reminds me a little bit of badalamenti(think into the night from twin peaks) mixed with craig armstrong. overall very impressed with the album's production and quality as usual when g'frapp take this more organic turn in their direction. doesn't quite hit me with the same intensity as FM but it certainly is a welcome counterpart.

Alison Goldfrapp – Performs at British Summer Time 2018 in London 07/07/2018
alison-goldfrapp-performs-at-british-summer-time-2018-in-london-1.jpg

alison-goldfrapp-performs-at-british-summer-time-2018-in-london-8.jpg

celebmafia​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"