GOSSIP:Gisele's No Belle In Jungle

stylegurrl

Reaction score
The Sun UK-click for photo

IT’S not often supermodel GISELE BUNDCHEN gets told she’s ugly.

But that’s what happened after she and boyfriend LEO DiCAPRIO visited native tribes in Brazil’s Amazon rainforest.

The pair spent a hush-hush weekend in a jungle village to sample traditional life in Gisele’s homeland.

In the main picture they are with a spiritual leader, who made up their famous faces with dyes believed to have healing powers.

My amazing snaps also show Gisele grating local root crop manioc and touring the village in an itsy-bitsy bikini.

But the locals reckoned statuesque Gisele would have no chance of scoring with jungle fellas. One woman scoffed: “She’s so thin she could never get a husband in this village.”

And she said of Leo: “He’s so white he looks like he’s ill.”

:rofl: i bet shes bummed she cant get a jungle husband

Not too surprising... some men DO say they don't like thin women. And heck, Leo is really white. :smile:

One woman scoffed: “She’s so thin she could never get a husband in this village.”

Notice the quote didn't come from one of the guys! They were too busy drooling probably.

The pair spent a hush-hush weekend in a jungle village to sample traditional life in Gisele’s homeland.

A hundred and fifty or so years of Cultural Anthropology but the world still sees Brazil as a big green hot jungle. Does this journalist even know what's traditional over here? Oh good Lord....

Originally posted by Atelier@Sep 1 2004, 02:02 PM
Notice the quote didn't come from one of the guys! They were too busy drooling probably.
[snapback]352581[/snapback]​

:clap:

Actually those women make a very good point. In some tribes, a thin women to them is what a fat woman is to us over here in N. America, sickly and disgusting. In many African tribes, fat women are extremely desireable. It's an indication of their socio-economic status, because the fatter you are, the more money you have, the more you eat. In fact, some men will only marry fat women or women with huge hips because it means they can bear more children.

If I were those jungle women, I'd probably think Gisele was gross looking too... ofcourse I think Gisele is perfect, but you know what I mean.

Originally posted by ChinaLove@Sep 2 2004, 06:14 AM
Actually those women make a very good point. In some tribes, a thin women to them is what a fat woman is to us over here in N. America, sickly and disgusting. In many African tribes, fat women are extremely desireable. It's an indication of their socio-economic status, because the fatter you are, the more money you have, the more you eat. In fact, some men will only marry fat women or women with huge hips because it means they can bear more children.

If I were those jungle women, I'd probably think Gisele was gross looking too... ofcourse I think Gisele is perfect, but you know what I mean.
[snapback]353789[/snapback]​

quite true. I think I saw a thing on Oprah about this once. In some places in Africa, before they get married, the women go through this two week thing where they are kept away in a hut and fed and fed and fed so that they gain weight.

Originally posted by Nemova@Sep 1 2004, 07:32 PM
The pair spent a hush-hush weekend in a jungle village to sample traditional life in Gisele?s homeland.
[snapback]353417[/snapback]​

Hush-hush and traditional, but with paparazzi? :blink: I guess they think they can really rough it!

Originally posted by Acid@Sep 1 2004, 10:30 AM
[snapback]352499[/snapback]​

:lol:

Originally posted by Acid@Sep 1 2004, 10:30 AM
[snapback]352499[/snapback]​

Hahahahaha you crack me up.

probably they said that because of the different culture,

or maybe the ladies were just jelous. :unsure:

model_mom - She sounds like a real treat, doesn't she? :rolleyes:

I remember reading an article somewhere that Brazillian women slate the models from their home land, saying they misrepresent what real woman are like there, and that they could never get a boyfriend being so thin. :rofl:

Originally posted by saturnine@Sep 5 2004, 06:15 AM
model_mom - She sounds like a real treat, doesn't she? :rolleyes:

I remember reading an article somewhere that Brazillian women slate the models from their home land, saying they misrepresent what real woman are like there, and that they could never get a boyfriend being so thin. :rofl:
[snapback]356914[/snapback]​

Apparently, they don't get the poor boyfriends, only the rich ones. :rolleyes: Whatever they say, every woman in Brazil wanted, someday, to be as stick thin as Gisele. Brazilian men, on the other hand, prefer girls who are, err, "chubbier". No wonder she's not a sex symbol here. But that certainly doesn't make her less gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->