GOSSIP:L'il Kim Designing Luxury Watch Line

sandra

Reaction score
:huh: :huh: :huh:

Lil' Kim Designing Own Watch Line

By Associated Press

August 11, 2004, 8:07 AM EDT

NEW YORK -- Tick tock. It's Lil' Kim time. The rapper is designing her own line of regal watches, dubbed Royalty.

"I love fashion and wanted to create a designer watch collection that would translate my personal style into a product which would appeal to stylish women everywhere," said Lil' Kim, whose real name is Kimberly Jones, in a statement Tuesday.

She turned to celebrity jeweler Jacob Arabo to manufacture the watches, which will range in price from $1,800 to $3,500.

"These watches exude luxury," said Lil' Kim, "but I wanted to create a quality, unique product that fashionable women everywhere can afford."

The watches, already telling time for the likes of Tyra Banks and Ashlee Simpson, feature diamond bezels weighing from 1.75 to 2.25 carats and interchangeable leather wristbands.

Lil' Kim, 29, won a Grammy Award for her part in the hit remake of "Lady Marmalade."

Copyright © 2004, The Associated Press | Article licensing and reprint options

Originally posted by onehotgrrl@Aug 13 2004, 08:59 AM
Women everywhere can afford a $3,000 watch?
[snapback]330444[/snapback]​
exactly!

"I love fashion and wanted to create a designer watch collection that would translate my personal style into a product which would appeal to stylish women everywhere," said Lil' Kim
Can anyone else see that there's something wrong with this quote?

Originally posted by sandra@Aug 13 2004, 12:30 PM
:huh: :huh: :huh:

"I love fashion and wanted to create a designer watch collection that would translate my personal style into a product which would appeal to stylish women everywhere," said Lil' Kim, whose real name is Kimberly Jones, in a statement Tuesday.

[snapback]330367[/snapback]​

She is sadly mistaken. :blink:

Originally posted by onehotgrrl@Aug 13 2004, 12:59 AM

Took the word right outta my mouth!

What is luxury according to Lil' Kim? Paying $20,000 for a piece of fabric to cover what has to be cover but paying the price because it is designer? HA can't wait to see the watch, I wonder how much space her name would take up on that watch :innocent:

Originally posted by onehotgrrl@Aug 12 2004, 11:59 PM

"Stylish" women everywhere, it says! :P LOL... I guess you have to be a 'stylish' woman to have $3,000 worth of loose change. :blink:
Then again, if the buyers are indeed stylish women, I'm sure Lil Kim has a way with bringing about new meaning to the word. :lol:

Originally posted by Sugo@Aug 13 2004, 11:47 AM
Neither does Jacob the Jewler....that man personifies tackiness
[snapback]330815[/snapback]​

Should do well on Brighton Beach then :lol:

faust
you hit the nail on the head
he's one of ours :wink:

here's a pic of the watch i don't know if you can see them that good but i know she gave one to Joan Rivers ans her daughter melissa and them seemed to like them. They seemed a lot big on them though.

Oh it looks pretty but I'd have to see a bigger picture

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->