GQ Style China S/S 2011 : Zhao Lei & David Gandy by Mark Seliger

ammon

Reaction score
636ba5abjw1dg7ukshuecj.jpg

Male model should be Zhao Lei & David Gandy
weibo.com/gqcomcn

Hot hot hot hot hot!

Hot naked Asian guys! What more can I ask more. I need.

China's seriously stepping up their game with their magazines.

The cast is Zhao Lei, David Gandy, Huang Xiao Meng, Zhang Liang, Jerry Fu, Xu Bolang, shot by Mark Seliger.

WTF they want to express with a cover like this? racial competition?

WOW...they really want to look like european magazine...! but why do they censor it???

Last edited by a moderator:
because it's China, GQ went too far this time,and enough to get some attention they wouldnt want ,I believe before long they will dissapear

and in fact I think the cover's looking stupid, try to look cool doesn't mean it's cool, it's a lame clumsy awkward cover, just like some ridiculous copycats of LV handbag

and in fact I think the cover's looking stupid, try to look cool doesn't mean it's cool, it's a lame clumsy awkward cover, just like some ridiculous copycats of LV handbag
like stupid D&G ad
Posted via Mobile Device

Me likey a lot - edgy and sexy done right; although it seems a bit schizophrenic, is the target gay or straight guys?

the b&w editorial looks fierce but not the cover and I also ask myself who is the target reader here

great cover, does anybody know if david gandy has an editorial inside or just the cover?

WTF they want to express with a cover like this? racial competition?

Why so much hate? If you don't like the cover, that's fine. I understand we are entitled to our own opinion, but why so much negativity? It's the first issue and you want it to 'disappear' already.

I personally think this is a great first issue. Considering this is from China, they are showing a lot of progress. The naked editorial maybe played out in international magazines, but it is quite a step for China. In fact, I think Chinese magazines are really stepping it up in terms of editorial quality. Vogue China is doing exceptionally well and consistently delivers quality editorials that outshine other Vogue editions.

I'm also quite tired of reading things such as "racial competition". Not everything is related to racial prejudice or preference of one race over another. Just because David Gandy has the girl in his arms, does not mean the girl is choosing Gandy over Zhao Lei because he's European.

Give the magazine a chance. I applaud them for doing something risque for their market.

Truth be told, when I saw the cover, I interpreted it more like a movie where the gangster's girlfriend falls in love with another man and there's that classic scene where it all comes to a boiling point. Maybe I'm stupid, but I didn't even pick up on the more racially charged possible interpretation until someone pointed it out. Generally I think there's a tendency when people view fashion photography to interpret images in the worst way possible (anytime makeup or photoshop is used to lighten or darken a model's skin, the infamous oil spill Vogue Italia cover, etc.) but why does it have to be that way? There are almost always many ways to view an image so.... I just... I dunno. At the risk of sounding a little twee.... why not try to be positive?

ANYWHO, I love what I've seen of this so far. Interesting cover, gorgeous photographs of models, beautiful clothes..... It's just so much more inviting, in general, than GQ US or UK fashion content

Truth be told, when I saw the cover, I interpreted it more like a movie where the gangster's girlfriend falls in love with another man and there's that classic scene where it all comes to a boiling point. Maybe I'm stupid, but I didn't even pick up on the more racially charged possible interpretation until someone pointed it out. Generally I think there's a tendency when people view fashion photography to interpret images in the worst way possible (anytime makeup or photoshop is used to lighten or darken a model's skin, the infamous oil spill Vogue Italia cover, etc.) but why does it have to be that way? There are almost always many ways to view an image so.... I just... I dunno. At the risk of sounding a little twee.... why not try to be positive?

ANYWHO, I love what I've seen of this so far. Interesting cover, gorgeous photographs of models, beautiful clothes..... It's just so much more inviting, in general, than GQ US or UK fashion content

I totally agree and I thought the same about the cover's interpretation: an old gangster movie and the girl is picking one of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adspttsa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->