UK GQ Style S/S 2011 : James Franco by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin

GQ Style Presents Nicola Formichetti (preview)
M: Rick Genest
Ph: Karim Sadli

mugler_GQ_15mar11_b.jpg

MUGLER-5-700x340.jpg

gq-magazine.co.uk

Please tell me I am not the only soul who is sick of seeing James Franco, everywhere... Agreed, he's talented and is a stellar example of multi-tasking careers (student/entrepreneur/actor), but its running on overkill. Dare I say his looks are overrated? Also, his hosting gig re: 2011 Oscars was a major flop, but that's an entirely different discussion.

The same can be said for Mr. Genest. He's one of a kind, and his new found fashion-fame is an interesting one to follow. On the flip side, he's more "one note" than, well, anyone. There is not a single doubt that I am intrigued by his look, but it's quickly getting to the point where my eyes need to be fed something else. A group shot, perhaps? Anything but black/white, possibly?

Looked through this yesterday, James' editorial is actually really quite cool. Although I wish they'd gone with one of the coloured shots for the cover. Seems a bit of a let down when compared to his ed.

This guy is something else. Matt Damon and James Dean wrapped into one.

Please tell me I am not the only soul who is sick of seeing James Franco, everywhere... Agreed, he's talented and is a stellar example of multi-tasking careers (student/entrepreneur/actor), but its running on overkill. Dare I say his looks are overrated? Also, his hosting gig re: 2011 Oscars was a major flop, but that's an entirely different discussion.

The same can be said for Mr. Genest. He's one of a kind, and his new found fashion-fame is an interesting one to follow. On the flip side, he's more "one note" than, well, anyone. There is not a single doubt that I am intrigued by his look, but it's quickly getting to the point where my eyes need to be fed something else. A group shot, perhaps? Anything but black/white, possibly?

I too am sick of seeing Franco everywhere. His looks are overrated (and fading fast). I'm sick of him playing up the 'hey, i look like James Dean' thing. He's too old for it and he lacks the acting ability. But I also find him overrrated in general: the vast majority of the films he has been in have been hollywood cr*p, not acting tour de forces, and certainly don't show exceptional talent (I haven't seen 127 hours, and I hear he is supposed to be good in it, but I'm sure many people would have also gone to town with the opportunity to play someone who cuts off their own arm and be directed by Danny Boyle). As to his multi-taking abilities, so what? From all accounts, he is a pretentious, poor writer and having seen some of his 'art' projects, they look like total wank-fests drawing heavily on the ideas of others, rather than interesting, unique pieces of work.

Rant over. I would have been nice to have someone different on the cover as Franco does a fair amount of men's mag covers.

http://i64.***********/u/f64/12/44/90/59/adamfr10.jpg
jamesfrancoitalia

why are they always putting make-up on james franco? i dont understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->