Greg Kadel - Photographer

Hana_N

Reaction score
American photographer born and raised in Philadelphia.
I don't quite know how to describe his photography but I think it's beautiful. The ones out in the nature are very romantic and sweet-looking to me, maybe not the right choice of words... anyways some pictures.
And this is his website... www.gregkadelstudios.com

47533_Japan_Vogue2_R_test.2.jpg

47533_Japan_Vogue2_M_test.2.jpg
47533_Japan_Vogue2_G_test.2.jpg

47533_Japan_Vogue2_L_beauty.jpg
47533_Japan_Vogue2_J_test.2.jpg

47533_Japan_Vogue2_D_test.2.jpg
47533_Japan_Vogue2_i_test.2.jpg

47533_Japan_Vogue2_O_test.3.jpg

47533_Japan_Vogue2_B_test.2.jpg

Of his photography I definately prefer those in the nature, they seem to have more atmosphere to me.

The lovely Hermes ads.

03.jpg
10.jpg

07.jpg
12.jpg

01.jpg

05.jpg
04.jpg

i definetly like the natural ones better..the ones from harpers i find really boring.

I like the first ones posted very much.

hm...there are some that i like but when i see greg kadel's pictures i always think "kitsch"...not ironic kitsch but plain prettiness and also i get a feeling of exploitation of sexiness...maybe it's just me.
thanks for the thread anyway it#s good to think about why one likes or dislikes certain images...

I really like his photography...especially the Hermes campaign with Gemma.

I too find that most of his photography can be a bit too plain, but he's very consistent, he's far from being my favourite, but I think he's good.

Here are some from Numero.

NUMERO_FINALS_11.jpg
NUMERO_FINALS_1.jpg

NUMERO_FINALS_2.jpg
NUMERO_FINALS_3.jpg

NUMERO_FINALS_4.jpg
NUMERO_FINALS_5.jpg

NUMERO_FINALS_6.jpg
NUMERO_FINALS_7.jpg

NUMERO_FINALS_8.jpg
NUMERO_FINALS_9.jpg

NUMERO_FINALS_10.jpg

apparently he was a model at one time...

i think he might be better at shooting men than women...

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,157
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,152
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,158
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,148
I love Greg's work, especially the shoots he does for Numéro, he has the glamour of Steven Meisel, the sexiness of Nick Knight and very nice use of colours. Wonderful!

I love the first set ...shot in nature......they have a spiritual kind of glow to them that I find quite enchanting.

I really like the male shots aswell. Thanks for posting...great topic

I think Greg is one of those photographers that was always billed as "the next" something and never really went anywhere. He's been shooting for the same B-list mags for ages now. That Bazaar shoot is atrocious and so dull. But the Numero ones aren't that bad.

Some of the menswear shoots he's done for Numero Homme are my absolute faves - the women's shoots I don't care much for but I like how he shoots guys B)

GK542434X-A5-A_12.jpg
GK542434X-C16-B_23.jpg

Shot_1_055_04.jpg
Shot_4_029_05.jpg

Shot_3_020_05.jpg

thanks for the pictures, stilista (i've been missing you in this forum!!:heart:)
i, too, prefer the men's depiction much too the women's ... he is working with clichés anyway but while i feel he only represents them in the women's photography, there is a sense of irony in the men's ...

stilista said:
Some of the menswear shoots he's done for Numero Homme are my absolute faves - the women's shoots I don't care much for but I like how he shoots guys
cool.gif
softgrey said:
apparently he was a model at one time...

i think he might be better at shooting men than women...

You're welcome Anna :flower: Thanks for missing me :P I'm back with lots of new photographers in my head to post about!

metal-on-metal said:
I think Greg is one of those photographers that was always billed as "the next" something and never really went anywhere. He's been shooting for the same B-list mags for ages now. That Bazaar shoot is atrocious and so dull. But the Numero ones aren't that bad.

I don't like the outside shoot either and Hermès' campaign is one you either love or hate, a bit on the safe side perhaps. But his Numéro ones are usually beautiful (maybe also thanks to the team that works there, styling and make-up are essential of course). By far a B magazine, I'd rather place it in the top three magazines list.

I like his style!!! Here's Daria

Attachments

• dariathebestpic0ht.jpg
    dariathebestpic0ht.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 83

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katerinadimitriou
Back