Gucci F/W 2024.25 : Alaato Jazyper, Jiahui Zhang & Loli Bahia by David Sims

the gucci girl is the star of the party, this mouse got dragged by her friends to some lame party in someones house, now she's bored and waiting to go home.

so tragic, I feel sorry for gucci.

Must be the ecom editorial can't be the main ADV lol
Zero effort, non descriptive anonymous art direction, if the clothes were desirable or special it could work but this just says nothing.

I don't think there's ever been an era in fashion where models looked this bad. They always appear to have rolled right out of bed. This aversion towards makeup and beauty styling needs to end so badly.

As for Gucci, strip the images off their logo and I'd easily say that it was Max Mara. A distinct direction or vision does not exist. The clothes aren't even remotely different to styles you can find in affordable retail stores with decent quality. And with weak and outright ugly visual identity such as this, I don't see how any sane person would be inclined to spend hundreds or thousands on Gucci these days. But f*ck contemporary ˝high˝ fashion, it deserves to die.

Horrifically bad! At this point it’s a suicide mission from Kering. Keeping Anocora Guy in the job is like some insane trolling exercise. The video is pathetic. GivenchyHomme is right. RIP Gucci!

What is his obsession with shooting his mainline campaigns against a white background with the most banal models possible?

He really did gaslight us with what he had to offer with that first campaign with Daria Werbowy...

Loli Bahia’s shot with the camel coat is the best of the entire set. The bag is cute, even though too big…

Overall, it’s terrible.

Can't keep defending this horrendousness. There's something honest, at least, about straightforward advertising that's all product and no vibe. So as a (non) concept, I don't have an issue with blank slate. Gucci moving away from the world-building of AM and into a period of simplicity doesn't have to be a bad thing. But in the place of creativity, you need great models, you need flawless execution. I guess it's supposed to read as cool-girl, youthful nonchalance but to me it's just sloppy and they look bored.

I don’t think it’s that bad, I actually like some of it. There are some cute pictures.

I think I don’t really like the models. It’s kind of dull Testino. Trying to be unpretentious but idk, there’s something missing.

Edit: the pics of the black girl are terrible. Feels super lazy!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arshdaddy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->