Gucci S/S 2020 by Yorgos Lanthimos

The Lobster 2.

Gucci’s campaigns re always solidly creative and worldbuilding. Unlike the clothes.

Thank God for Gucci! Say what you will about their clothes, but at least their campaigns are second to none right now.

The first shot is mad! Such a chic throwback to Gucci's Ford/Frida campaigns, but with the new quirky sensibility. And I like the moody, cinematic vibe of the last shot. Not too mad about the other two because it's a bit overplayed. The first time Yorgos' print work lives up to the celluloid version. Go Gucci! :heart::clap:

It's baffling how one of my favorite film directors of the last decade can leave me so indifferent when it comes to his photography. I just don't feel anything. I prefer Luchford for stills; I think Lanthimos needs all the elements - movement, dialogue, music - to make a world come to life in a genius way. Only then the magic happens for me.

Very beautiful campaign. It’s a very traditional campaign but it looks fresh!

I love the shot w/ the close-up of the horses hooves + her feet...although it doesn't look like she's actually standing in the sand.

nice to see these dmv smog check rejects finding the afterlife through a gucci campaign.

when I see the name 'yorgos', I'm expecting these rip-a-tooth-out-of-your-mouth-with-your-own-hands vibes, so needless to say, this doesn't translate as much for me..?

Elibeidy queen of Gucci hands down, stuuuuuuunning campaign, beyond words with this concept, always so fresh and interesting to look at, unlike most campaigns nowadays.

Gucci, Loewe and Bottega Veneta are literally the only three brands left and make me feel anything at al and that anything means happy.

Now this is a campaign worth stopping reading to look at it! Gucci rarely disappoints when it comes to narratives and creativity.

Wow! I'm so impressed.
I honestly was getting quite tired of Luchford's Gucci, this is refreshing and feels much lighter than previous campaigns... The shot of the couple standing in the street is stunning.

There's so much to explore in these images and it doesn't feel cluttered or overstyled like I felt it did in previous.

Luchford was at his best for gucci in Fall 2015/ Spring 2016.

I know people complain that Dolce is boring and repetitive (which it is) but how many versions of the same thing is Gucci gonna put out before they get called out for it?

^Well the storyline sort of changes season by season so I don't think we can compare this to Dolce's literally same sicilian flea market streets narrative in every single campaign of them.

Some shots I love and some not so much but that one with the horse standing up on the sand is truly magnificent

i hate exploitation of animals in fashion shoots but this is one hell of a campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->