Guy Laroche Facelift

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
Not sure that Herve is focused on the Guy Laroche style, but it sure is good news to see him back on catwalks in October :heart:

New Owner, Designer for Guy Laroche

By Robert Murphy

PARIS — Guy Laroche has a new owner, a new designer and ambitions to build its business in the U.S.

Swiss equity firm Leman Capital has sold Laroche to YGM Trading Ltd., a publicly traded firm in Hong Kong that holds licensing agreements with Ashworth, Charles Jourdan, Aquascutum and Hang Ten. YGM, owner of some 500 retail outlets in Asia, paid an estimated $17 million for Laroche.

Meanwhile, Laroche hopes it will find new relevance after several seasons on fashion’s fringes. It has hired Herve Leroux, the designer formerly known as Herve Leger until Max Azria ousted him from his namesake house in 1999.

Leroux, who will make a runway debut for Laroche on Oct. 10 in Paris, will continue to operate his own made-to-measure business on the Left Bank here.

Known for his sculptural evening gowns, Leroux is the latest in a long line of designers hired to invigorate Laroche. He replaces France’s Laetitia Hecht, who had sued Leman Capital over her dismissal a few seasons ago.

Lanvin’s Alber Elbaz, who designed for the house from 1996 to 1998, was the last designer to catch the industry’s eye. Ronald van der Kemp, Sophie Sitbon and Mei Zaio Zhou preceded Hecht.

“Herve has an elegant and sophisticated style that we think is pertinent to the market,” said Jean-François Ferrandiz, Laroche managing director. “Building business in the United States is a priority.”

Ferrandiz said Laroche would open a shop here next spring at 35 Rue François Ier, in the old Balmain couture studio.

from wwd :flower:

I have 9 unopened gift-sets of Drakkar Noir. The company must still be bringing in the money from licenses.

enough of this garbage already. if you think you are talented enough to make an impact on fashion open a label under your own name.

Originally posted by faust@Aug 31 2004, 04:08 PM
enough of this garbage already. if you think you are talented enough to make an impact on fashion open a label under your own name.
[snapback]351313[/snapback]​

:shock: but Herve has his own brand and his own boutique :P

Originally posted by Lena@Aug 31 2004, 11:36 AM
:shock: but Herve has his own brand and his own boutique :P
[snapback]351411[/snapback]​

Ooops :lol:

Originally posted by faust@Aug 31 2004, 12:48 PM
Ooops :lol:
[snapback]351477[/snapback]​

EVERYONE deserves a second chance , FAUST :flower:

Just THINK of those who cannot use their own name ever again in the fashion business :-

Herve Leger
Jean Louis Scherrer
Luciano Soprani

and the list goes on ....... :cry:

KIT :blush:

Originally posted by kit@Aug 31 2004, 02:19 PM

Just THINK of those who cannot use their own name ever again in the fashion business :-

Herve Leger
Jean Louis Scherrer
Luciano Soprani

[snapback]351551[/snapback]​

I personally miss Olivier Theyskens. I really really miss his designs. I don't think his work for Rochas is the same.

WOW 17,000,000 is nothing. The artical s correct the last time anybody paid attention was with Alber. But I think they need to redefine who their customer is. I mean now who is it? They have a opportunity here to remake themselves. I wish them luck. I nevet liked Leger though, he would not have been a pick for me. They should have tried to woe Lars Nilsen. I met him before, really cool guy, looks stuffy, but very nice. maybe somebody with some edge like Sophia Koksl????( however you spell he last name). I love her stuff.

Originally posted by kit@Aug 31 2004, 08:19 PM

Herve Leger
Jean Louis Scherrer
Luciano Soprani

[snapback]351551[/snapback]​

add Romeo Gigli in this list kit :(

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 1 2004, 11:08 AM
add Romeo Gigli in this list kit :(
[snapback]352586[/snapback]​

HOW SHOCKING !!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I had NO idea , LENA :flower:

KIT :(

Originally posted by kit@Sep 1 2004, 12:21 PM
HOW SHOCKING !!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I had NO idea , LENA :flower:

KIT :(
[snapback]352638[/snapback]​

Me neither. What happened to him?

excuse my ignorance...but what happened with max azria and herve leger...and why is he now leroux?... :unsure:

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 1 2004, 07:29 PM
excuse my ignorance...but what happened with max azria and herve leger...and why is he now leroux?... :unsure:
[snapback]353413[/snapback]​

Sg I do not remember the details, but I believe Max had it in his mind to get rid of Leger after he bought the company. Very soon after the purchase he kicked him out and kept the name. It was very public and actually a very big shocker to the industry. After he did that it turned me off from BCBG for good. This was several years ago.

thanks clay...that completely got by me...i have to say though...even though i like some of bcbg...max azria has always struck me as very slimey...not to be trusted and an ego maniac...

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 2 2004, 10:32 AM
thanks clay...that completely got by me...i have to say though...even though i like some of bcbg...max azria has always struck me as very slimey...not to be trusted and an ego maniac...
[snapback]354062[/snapback]​

I totally agree! He and the Tahari guy also.

Originally posted by clay@Sep 2 2004, 10:55 AM
I totally agree! He and the Tahari guy also.
[snapback]354095[/snapback]​

right..elie tahari is gross... :ninja:

however...did you see what he did after 9/11??

he wrapped his whole building on park avenue in a see through american flag...
so at night the whole building was lit and the flag glowed...well..the whole building glowed...

...it was breathtaking...truly...i gained a little more respect for him then...

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 2 2004, 10:57 AM
right..elie tahari is gross... :ninja:

however...did you see what he did after 9/11??

he wrapped his whole building on park avenue in a see through american flag...it was breathtaking...truly...i gained a little more respect for him then...
[snapback]354102[/snapback]​

Write it off as a PR stunt. Sorry for being so cynical.

A friend of mine works for Tahari - it's more corporate then Merrill Lynch. She wants the guy crucified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->