Gwen Stefani is the new face of L’Oréal Paris

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Gwen Stefani is adding one more accomplishment to her growing list with the announcement to PEOPLE that she’s inked a deal as the next face of L’Oréal Paris. “I can’t believe I get to be one of the L’Oréal Paris girls,” says the star, “I love playing dress up, on stage or shooting videos, it’s always been one of my favorite parts of being in a band.” Of joining the brand’s stable of A-listers like Jennifer Lopez, Eva Longoria and Beyoncé Knowles, Stefani says, “To get to work with such a modern, talented group of people is really exciting. I’m a lucky, lucky girl.” Aptly enough for a star who’s made red lips her signature, Gwen’s first campaign will be for the brand’s Infallible Le Rouge lip color. And while she’s offered us a first look at an image from the set of her shoot (above), you’ll be able to catch her full commercial in just a few days, when it debuts during this Sunday’s Golden Globes.

people

Attachments

• gwen-stefani-500x375.jpg
    gwen-stefani-500x375.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 14
Who?

She reminds me of a person that was relevant a few years ago...

wHY?

I'm not even gonna read that blurb, don't they have like 100 spokes models already? Aishwarya Rai, Frieda Pinto, Leticia Casta, Andie McDowell, Jane Fonda, Rachel Weiss, Beyonce (do we need a product to condition our weaves?), Eva Longoria, Linda Evangelista, Cludia Schiffer, Evangeline Lilly, Sonam Kapoor, it just goes on and on and on.

I always knew Gwen had a lovely face with beautiful pale skin.

Just another face for the campaign I suppose. carmen kass brings up a good point, already a trillion spokesmodels. But Gwen is a good choice too.

she's been a makeup trendsetter for sure...
i agree that she may have been more relevant for this a few years ago but maybe she's due for a reintroduction into the spotlight?

we haven't heard anything from her musically in a while so maybe she's got some sort of marketing plan up her sleeve?

kind of funny that the shot is black and white for a makeup campaign though :P
maybe they don't want to reveal too much just yet?

No Doubt is in the studio again, so she'll have new material out soon. Maybe she's not everywhere right now, but I almost think that is a plus, as opposed to the zillion other celebrities who are constantly shoving their product endorsements in my face. She has taken some time off to raise her children so it isn't as though she just sulked off into irrelevance after a flop. Gwen at the very least is very known for her unusual makeup styles, she'll make for a wonderful spokesperson.

She would be even better for a really cutting edge brand like MAC or NARS though.

So Gwen's worth it too?

I just love her so much that I'm not complaining :heart:

I could definitely see Gwen for something like MAC or NARS, but I actually kind of like the somewhat unexpected combo of her with L'Oreal...
Also though, I feel like MAC tends to make it's celeb spokeswomen look tacky... christina aguilera, fergie, pamela anderson etc... gwen's in a different league

I think it's a smart move on L'Oreal's part to show or reinforce that their products can be used for a strong, edgier look...
this is probably their way of trying to tap into another market...

Gwen has her signature red lip, but she actually looks quite beautiful when she does a softer pink lip as well

I'm so happy over the news! I can't wait to see the picture(s). But I agree that it would be better if she was the new face of M.A.C or Nars.

I could definitely see Gwen for something like MAC or NARS, but I actually kind of like the somewhat unexpected combo of her with L'Oreal...
Also though, I feel like MAC tends to make it's celeb spokeswomen look tacky... christina aguilera, fergie, pamela anderson etc... gwen's in a different league

Good point, they definitely give the celebs a very drag over the top look in the ad campaigns.

The previews of Gwen's commercial look absolutely gorgeous!! I cannot wait.

she looks beautiful in the teasers and i think she's so likable...
she could end up being a really great spokeswoman for them

Fabulous in the teasers, I really can't wait to see more from this! ^_^

from the teasers I bet it will be awesome though the pic posted at the beginning has a horrid hairstyle. She does wear red lipstick like no one else so I hope they got plenty of that for her

here are some screencaps from justnodoubt.net

Attachments

• gwen1.jpg
    gwen1.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 4
  • gwen2.jpg
    gwen2.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 5
  • gwen3.jpg
    gwen3.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 10
  • gwen4.jpg
    gwen4.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 7
  • gwen5.jpg
    gwen5.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 7
  • gwen6.jpg
    gwen6.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 4
l'oreal should leave few celebrities to other companies, greedy greedy l'oreal.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->